New Marshall Day

Yeah, the Crunch channel is frigging awesome. All modes. Snappy. Punchy. Its choose your own adventure here because every mode is cool. And an OD makes each mode pop in a different way.

Im flipping occasionally to OD1 Orange because this is where the chugs live, but Crunch is the surprise thus far.

Congrats bro!

I’ve been keeping the Resonance and Presence all the way down and rolling them in very gradually. I usually leave the Presence all the way down. And I’m running everything else at about 11:00 except treble at 1:00 or so. Gain at about 10:00 or lower seems to be the key for me and Volumes at 9:00-10:00 using the Masters for volume.

Dude I’m totally feeling this. I keep notching the Presence back and back and it’s nice, there is plenty of top end. And because of the gain stagger between channels and modes you don’t really need to crank any of the gain knobs since your always one more mode or channel from MOAR gainez.

Congrats!!

I really need to try one of these, I feel like I know nothing about them and I’m not sure why I never paid attention to them. Most likely being too far up Mesa and Peavey’s asses.

oh-yeah.gif

too many knobs!

This amp is a monster Santiago. 🤜

I get the paranoia about the amount of knobs, but honestly it’s completely straight forward to dial in imo and it’s awesome to not have to share the tonestack between channels. Very flexible.

What’s your favorite OD(s) or drive/fuzz pedals to hit it with? I’m just slamming an 808 into it so far. SD1 would seem logical to try but I’m not sure the low end needs to be that drastically tightened up. This thing sounds really good straight into the front panel. (y)

I get the paranoia about the amount of knobs, but honestly it’s completely straight forward to dial in imo and it’s awesome to not have to share the tonestack between channels. Very flexible.

What’s your favorite OD(s) or drive/fuzz pedals to hit it with? I’m just slamming an 808 into it so far. SD1 would seem logical to try but I’m not sure the low end needs to be that drastically tightened up. This thing sounds really good straight into the front panel. (y)
hmmm, my favorite boost is probably the Boss SD-1 for the crunch channel, I also like quite a lot the Zoom PD-01

I'm mostly using a klone, a fuzz face and a Thorpy muffroom cloud. Oh and the KWB in the Helix is cool too.

Dude I’m totally feeling this. I keep notching the Presence back and back and it’s nice, there is plenty of top end. And because of the gain stagger between channels and modes you don’t really need to crank any of the gain knobs since your always one more mode or channel from MOAR gainez.
Interestingly, I found diming both the Resonance & Presence and adjusting in the gain to be a rewarding avenue in tone.
The Green Clean with the Corgan EH Fuzz Rules!
Thst littl’ toggle changes the world in that pedal!
But that littl’ toggle is brittle so it’s best to get all
Charlie Daniels on the solder wrench💪LOL!
For when it takes a dump.

Last edited:
Back