New Marshall Day

Day of modelling reckoning is coming. We shall see mounds of discarded digitalz when people finally see the light and come back to real amps. Of the tube based variety. I shall finally grab one mint Axe FX 3 MK2 Turbo from the dump mound because I've been gasing for one for quite some time and I'm not inclined to pay the EU prices for it.

Congratulations!! Nothing beats an LP into 100w Marshall, IMO...
Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Day of modelling reckoning is coming. We shall see mounds of discarded digitalz when people finally see the light and come back to real amps. Of the tube based variety. I shall finally grab one mint Axe FX 3 MK2 Turbo from the dump mound because I've been gasing for one for quite some time and I'm not inclined to pay the EU prices for it.
I hear there's some solid state parts in there, too

Interestingly, I found diming both the Resonance & Presence and adjusting in the gain to be a rewarding avenue in tone.
The Green Clean with the Corgan EH Fuzz Rules!
Thst littl’ toggle changes the world in that pedal!
But that littl’ toggle is brittle so it’s best to get all
Charlie Daniels on the solder wrench💪LOL!
For when it takes a dump.

I’ll try diming them, and tweaking from there. Can’t hurt to experiment.

Yeah I had an OP amp big muff that nailed the Siamese Dream tone, I may have to add that back to list.

The unintended (intended) consequence of having amps is rebuilding pedal collections.
So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA

Last edited:
For the horror stories I’ve heard about the noise, I’m kinda :idk I assumed I was going to have to immediately get a gate to run with it, but for a 100w high gain amp, I don’t think it’s that bad.
Agreed. It isn't that bad. Compare to a 5153 amp on the red channel.. pretty similar.

I’ll try diming them, and tweaking from there. Can’t hurt to experiment.

Yeah I had an OP amp big muff that nailed the Siamese Dream tone, I may have to add that back to list.

The unintended (intended) consequence of having amps is rebuilding pedal collections.
So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA
Have you tried using the III with it?

Haven’t gotten that far yet. Today’s goal is to hookup and figure out the footswitch.

Id like to get a little pedal setup for it, (to feed my OCD) but I need to at some point wire it with the Axe for when I want to cross streams.
Having an all analog rig separate from digital is the way to go imo.

Obviously may not make financial or logical sense but it's the most fun!

Having an all analog rig separate from digital is the way to go imo.

Obviously may not make financial or logical sense but it's the most fun!

Yeah I want to have a little setup for it that doesn’t include me needing to turn on a computer to use Axe Edit. (Already planning a pedal run this afternoon :ROFLMAO:)

But it will still be cool to figure out integrating it with the AxeFx for when I want to transform the rig into full Megatron form.

The Holy Quartet reunited

IMG_4767.jpeg

808 is probably not going on the board with the JVM. It’s not a bad pairing necessarily but a little too mushy-middy comparatively.

SD1 is “that sound” grin and all the second you kick it in. Probably will keep that on board for a while to have an insta-thrash option.

The Tumnus Deluxe is just a beast pedal. It knew it would pair well with the JVM. I’m going to need to dial it in, but really pick where it lives moreso. It’s so good for pushed cleans, edge of breakup, and mid gain crunch. :chef It’s really good on the OD1 Orange channel too because it retains the chunk, but enter the OCD…

mike tyson fight GIF

Insta-kill with OD1. :satan

I missed having the OCD out.

Still undefeated and undisputed. :ROFLMAO:

Time to give the ears a much needed break.

:rawk:rawk:rawk

Back