New Dream Amp Day (Two-Rock CRS)

IMG_3198.gif

I can guarantee that my right hand technique is going to improve the more I play the Two-Rock. Touch sensitivity takes on a whole new understanding with a quality single coil strat.

The exceptional Mark VII clean sounds like a wet blanket by comparison. 💯

The "contour" knob can do no wrong.

Pushing the Master close to noon activities some kind of sparkle magic adding layer upon layer of even order harmonics without distorting. Oh so wonderfully powerful and LOUD! Dropping it to 50 watt mode to save my ears for tone tweaking this evening.

I'm going to need an amp cover. I'm sure dust and suede don't mix. :rofl

Played with a few pedals that aren't presently on either of my boards (and had working batteries installed).

Tumnus - it does what it does, but the onboard FET does it wayyyyyy better.

BB Pre - Excellent for gaining up the Two-Rock with thick, crunchy distortion.

Super AT Mod - kind of redundant because the anp already does the punchy treble cut on its own.

Kalamazoo Black - Similar experience as with the BB Pre, but punches harder in the low mids and adds a nice touch of sag. It's not a MIAB, but it does something similar and equally satisfying.

That's it for now. Back to playing.

Edited: fixed typo for BB Pre :facepalm

Last edited:
Played with a few pedals that aren't presently on either of my boards (and had working batteries installed).

Tumnus - it does what it does, but the onboard FET does it wayyyyyy better.

BBE Pre - Excellent for gaining up the Two-Rock with thick, crunchy distortion.

Super AT Mod - kind of redundant because the anp already does the punchy treble cut on its own.

Kalamazoo Black - Similar experience as with the BBE Pre, but punches harder in the low mids and adds a nice touch of sag. It's not a MIAB, but it does something similar and equally satisfying.

That's it for now. Back to playing.
Sounds like you got a winner with this one :love Again; congrats \m/

Have you tried with the 4x10 yet? Bet it will be epic...
Not yet. The Mojotone cab is presently paired with a Park Creamback loaded 2x12 connected to my King Kong 50.

My plan for Friday evening is to rewire my pair of 8 ohm Blackbirds in series for the Seismic Audio cab. I'll then pair that with the 4x10 for Two-Rock duty. Too many logistical obstacles to deal with right now. I've got a ton of clutter removal and gear rearranging to do.

Does anyone here have experience with amp covers from...

I took the risk and ordered direct via the above website. Saved me $26 compared to their Reverb listings for the same items due to cheaper shipping and no tax. (y)

Does anyone here have experience with amp covers from...

I took the risk and ordered direct via the above website. Saved me $26 compared to their Reverb listings for the same items due to cheaper shipping and no tax. (y)
Wouldn't the prudent thing be to ask before ordering? :crazy
(And, no, not me. :grin)

Back