Hotone Ampero II Stage (MP-380)

Interesting, that weird bar thing to the right is actually a digital VU meter.

Sounds really good, IMHO - like most Hotone products - but i haaaaate the late '90s, in-your-face, Wipeout-looking font used for the patch display.

I like the weird bar thing actually it visually easy to see if you are clipping but somehow they made it all blend in , it’s a really good looking product IMO

Cramped footswitches... It's something usual nowadays. I don't like that. Fed up of that f***ing thing.

Actually by standards that equal to an FM9 or Helix I would say
Unless you wear size 16 wide or are a kangaroo you should be good
Didn't measured it... But if it matches somehow the distance of the mooer GE250 footswitches, it's cramped for me. And judging by images, it is.

Again, I didn't measured it, but seriously doubt that the FM9 has 60 mm footswitch separation. Anyone has the info?

When I'm playing live, I don't like to add a worry to the task, which is focusing on where you accurately stomp. If I'm a kangaroo for having that problem, yeah, then I am.

EDIT: I had a Helix LT and no, mate, no. It's not the same separation. And I think it's pretty obvious so...

I was going to order but the more videos I see, the less I like it. Went with the new Kemper Player instead. I'll still be watching this product though!

This looks cool though.

Ya if you want a quick grab and go it’s cool
IMO they are making way more interesting products than some of the North American companies atm

just turn off the audio if your not Italian , but this guys shows it off really well all the functions features
how quick it switches patches its pretty much gapless .

Imo other than the font that stinks and they could have used 5 or 6 encoders , its pretty damn cool , decent tones near gapless switching, blue tooth , touch screen looks pretty responsive at least equal to comp or better Its a good product overall well designed IMO

@2112 hope you get one of these , would love to hear your thoughts as it looks like they are doing a lot of things right

Cramped footswitches... It's something usual nowadays. I don't like that. Fed up of that f***ing thing.

Pretty much the same distance between them as on the QC - which, at least given my rather limited first hand experience, is more of a problem when you need to access the upper row (which the Hotone doesn't have). They could however be a little further apart from each other for my taste, too.

Pretty much the same distance between them as on the QC - which, at least given my rather limited first hand experience, is more of a problem when you need to access the upper row (which the Hotone doesn't have). They could however be a little further apart from each other for my taste, too.
QC SEEMS more a desktop unit to me. its smaller so seems like it may move around more when pressing the switches? Vs the fm9/tmp/helix.

Is the latency still ~6ms?
We will have to wait for LAL (leo) my understanding is that after his vid on Ampero 2 they released and update that brought it down to 4 or just inside
The biggest issue was the onboard cab block that plus amp brought it up to the 6 or 7 so it will be interesting to see if they have fixed that

Question for all you specs nerds lol this one is over my head , we know FM and HX use analog devices Sharcs
Hotone is using the ESS Sabre tri core and idea how that compares and what it’s clock speed is ?

Hotone is using the ESS Sabre tri core and idea how that compares and what it’s clock speed is ?

Both Ampero and Ampero II use Analog Devices SHARC DSPs for sure (ADSP-21489 and ADSP-21573, respectively). The ESS Sabre's are the AD/DAs for the entire line.

Back