Hotone Ampero II Stage (MP-380)

Speaking of things I have instantaneous negative levels of excitement for :wat
This looks cool though.

This looks cool though.

That does look cool actually

Mr. Igloo - because he insists everybody since 2015 is only stealing Line 6's design.
Umm stealing outright maybe not all but the one thing that I think line6 can claim was their UI at the time was a “game changer “ enough they it has strongly influenced others , prior to them releasing Helix everything looked like a Zoom or Digitech 2101

I would also argue that line6 added a brilliant easy to use GUI as table stakes

So I think DI claim that line6 designed the best interface at that time and influenced the next generation of modellers is very valid
IMO

As I would say Kemper was “game changer” for tech advance and the birth of profiling / capturing a decade ago

but the one thing that I think line6 can claim was their UI

Have a look at the Boss GT-10. Yes, it's all a bit smaller, the display is monochrome and the unit isn't black. But apart from that it follows pretty much exactly the same UI design as the Helix. Released in 2008.

Have a look at the Boss GT-10. Yes, it's all a bit smaller, the display is monochrome and the unit isn't black. But apart from that it follows pretty much exactly the same UI design as the Helix. Released in 2008.
What's your issue with this? You seem to be on a strange crusade to prove DI wrong or something. It comes across as petty at best.

What's your issue with this? You seem to be on a strange crusade to prove DI wrong or something. It comes across as petty at best.

It was just a side remark, maybe a bit snarky. In a nutshell, designs get copied all over the place and especially in the land of floorpedal based modelers, there's really no first or anything.

IMO it’s pretty different I would never look at that and think Helix or even Firehawk
Line 6 has Color screen 4 times the size
Cap sensing touch switches that load parameters
Hands free editing
Snapshots
Color assignment for switches
Scribble strips

I would say the Helix looks more like a pro switcher like mastermind or liquid pro than any other floor modellers around the same time

Yeah, having used the GT-10 quite a bit, i found the UI/UX to be *radically* different from Helix's.

I'd say GT-10's workflow is more similar to something like a Mooer GE-200.

Last edited:
Back