Hotone Ampero II Stage (MP-380)

Lysander

Shredder
All we have so far are a few crappy renders, which apparently briefly leaked on a Chinese online music store.

Screenshot 2023-09-30 210232.png

Tumbleweeds!

I hear from posts that the Ampero Stomp sounds okay/good? I haven't bothered to listen.

I hear from posts that the Ampero Stomp sounds okay/good? I haven't bothered to listen.

Never played one myself, but it does seem to sound good. Some relatively respectable reviewers (f.ex. John Cordy) rave about Ampero as a cheaper option.

biggest issue I still have with modellers in 2023 , there should be no hold 2 buttons down crap , dear lord spring for a separate tuner or looper button .
What kind of designer thinks that I am successfully going to land a size 12 shoe on the top two buttons that are level with everything else and not have the back on my foot hit something else .

You need to be in ballet shoes to hit some of the buttons without anything else .

Right now you do a press just these buttons simultaneously , that's an epic fail , end of rant

there should be no hold 2 buttons down crap ,

Amen. Majorly annoying with the HX Stomp, too, where you either accidentally trigger patch selection or, should you want to get to patch selection, trigger a normal switch. And as if that wasn't bad enough already, this happens for the combination of left/middle and right/middle switch. WTF? Of course there's no option to deactivate it (fwiw, as excellent as the Helix Floor/LT is in terms of editing, as much of a UI disaster the Stomp is).

Last edited:
Fwiw, the I/O section is looking pretty decent for what still seems to be a rather compact pedal. Tones I heard from the II where quite decent, too.

biggest issue I still have with modellers in 2023 , there should be no hold 2 buttons down crap , dear lord spring for a separate tuner or looper button .
What kind of designer thinks that I am successfully going to land a size 12 shoe on the top two buttons that are level with everything else and not have the back on my foot hit something else .

You need to be in ballet shoes to hit some of the buttons without anything else .

Right now you do a press just these buttons simultaneously , that's an epic fail , end of rant
I'm fine with it in this implementation - its not like I need instantaneous bank selection, so they can put the timer on "wait, is he really wanting to bank up, or does his just suck at hitting two buttons at once" can be extended. And it's not like getting to the tuner is a mid-song thing or something. You can take a beat and focus enough to manage these tasks. I get more annoyed by having dedicated buttons for shit I never do. Like bank up.

You know they actually have some really good tones was watching the Mike Nielson vid and some of the amp Models sounded damn good the fx to

I wonder what's with that weird line under the Hotone logo. Is it just a space-filler of sorts?

Hotone as a whole :oops::rofl
but serious Question , we know they are likely "borrowing "IP from someone , who ?

At first I though head rush or helix but neither has half those models, Atomic again not the same modelling .

The tones are actually decent on some models and it actually allows you to mix and match pre and power amps , plus things like bias , change power tubes , the only company I know that does that is Fractal , is it possible they have cracked some of that code

Back