Fractal Talk

No, that would be the worst of both worlds for me. :) The appeal of the QC over the FM3 (apart from usability) mostly comes down to the additional I/O and extra DSP. (Having an additional processor and lanes to accommodate other instruments, high quality reverbs, whatever.) A "mini QC" might eventually be nice to have connected to an amp for "live" applications, while the big QC would stay connected to my PC as more versatile studio hub. The presumed benefit would be (partial) compatibility between the two, and consistent usage, so I'm not scratching my head and re-solving problems half the time.

As it stands... every other day I decide I should lose the FM3. Owning both platforms is a distraction, and the QC is more versatile and easier to use overall. (That's not a FAS vs. QC thing - it's specific to the FM3, which has its own unique limitations.)

On the other hand... I do prefer the sound of some of the amp models in the FM3, and I know I've only scratched the surface in terms of the variety it brings to the table. This makes me think: just keep the FM3 around for the "library" of FAS content. But trying to come to grips with the FM3 and make the most of it is taking time away from playing guitar, whereas the QC is pretty much plug-and-play, what you see is what you get.

Serious first world problems. :D
I don't know why you would keep the FM around at this point. You love the QC and it does all that you need it to. New amp and drive models are a capture away so that kind of takes care of that. I'd stick with what works best for you.

I don't know why you would keep the FM around at this point. You love the QC and it does all that you need it to. New amp and drive models are a capture away so that kind of takes care of that. I'd stick with what works best for you.
Yeah whenever I dabble with multiple digital units I get stuck in a A/Bing hell. This doesn't happen with real amps for some reason and I'm able to recognize those serve their own purpose. I wish I could view a digital device similar to that of an amp head but alas

Sorry @mbenigni I tried not to I swear

,and lanes to accommodate other instruments, high quality reverbs, whatever

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

Yeah whenever I dabble with multiple digital units I get stuck in a A/Bing hell. This doesn't happen with real amps for some reason and I'm able to recognize those serve their own purpose. I wish I could view a digital device similar to that of an amp head but alas
I love the HX stuff in it's own way. But to me the best way to go about it is to get multiples from the same mfg vs. one from each. Too much flip flopping to completely different environments/methodologies/differing favorites and THAT is definitely a distraction.

FFOMO. Future FOMO. :rofl

But you're right. Probably just a matter of time.

it's this cool novelty that I never use for anything that actually serves a productive purpose other than "oooohh those sound nice!".

Same. Use to have a pedal in my chain and realized the only time I clicked it on was for the occasional "oooohh", and never
a practical purpose. Finally just ditched the damn thing.

Rocked nothing but Fractal for well over a year in the latter 2010s.
You should come back the latest firmware is really good
I was digging a clip of the Red Seven Hybrid and I just went into the Fractal and went let’s grab the Bogner red
Flip the power tubes to KT88 and flip on the input boost to screamer for fun 😱
I’ll be damned if it doesn’t rock

I love the HX stuff in it's own way. But to me the best way to go about it is to get multiples from the same mfg vs. one from each. Too much flip flopping to completely different environments/methodologies/differing favorites and THAT is definitely a distraction.

YES. Without doing it consciously, I've ended up in the same place, with the Helix Floor, Stomp, and HX One. Loving living all in one world.

I love the HX stuff in its own way. But to me the best way to go about it is to get multiples from the same mfg vs. one from each. Too much flip flopping to completely different environments/methodologies/differing favorites and THAT is definitely a distraction.
Be careful Your going to summon TB3
If you talk about buying multiple products

This x 1000%! My Buddy uses an Helix and we have discussed this many times. If you want to
play then pick a fucking platform and play----otherwise you get stuck in the purgatory of
learning how to navigate different platforms depending on what you plugged into that day. :brick

I sometimes feel the same advice could be applied to tube amps and pedals, or plug-ins. A
few are able to skillfully navigate across them all without breaking a sweat. Most would
seem, to me, to be better served by sticking to one platform and getting on with the fucking
show, if you know what I mean. :LOL:

This x 1000%! My Buddy uses an Helix and we have discussed this many times. If you want to
play then pick a fucking platform and play----otherwise you get stuck in the purgatory of
learning how to navigate different platforms depending on what you plugged into that day. :brick

I sometimes feel the same advice could be applied to tube amps and pedals, or plug-ins. A
few are able to skillfully navigate across them all without breaking a sweat. Most would
seem, to me, to be better served by sticking to one platform and getting on with the fucking
show, if you know what I mean. :LOL:
I went from simultaneous Kemper Toaster, ToneX Pedal and a few plug-ins to my FM9.

Fight FOMO Fuckers! :hmm

:sofa

Back