Fractal Talk

The thing is; I get your frustration. Yet I also see why people are still somehow confused :oops: :ROFLMAO:
I have to agree on this , the problem was too many people starting giving instructions and some turned out to be inaccurate but there were so many posts
That said playing Devils advocate ,and out side people that just don’t bother to read the notes , the fact that there still remains confusion tells me that it is still not clear enough to be simple for many

I have to agree on this , the problem was too many people starting giving instructions and some turned out to be inaccurate but there were so many posts
That said playing Devils advocate ,and out side people that just don’t bother to read the notes , the fact that there still remains confusion tells me that it is still not clear enough to be simple for many
The notes IMO are not very clear at all. How they describe the 'soft' and 'hard' reset is pretty obscure. Between Leon Todd and that video from above, those to me were/are the best sources to figure it out.

Why Fractal couldn't figure out how to have this all done automatically during the new firmware install is beyond me. Sounds like it's a non issues on FM9 and AFXIII.

I’m about to update my FM3 to V8 from 7.00. From what I am reading, it’s advisable to batch upgrade all presets to experience optimal behavior on amps, despite it possibly changing how a preset may sound. Does that sound right, or did I miss something between the beta up until now?

I’m about to update my FM3 to V8 from 7.00. From what I am reading, it’s advisable to batch upgrade all presets to experience optimal behavior on amps, despite it possibly changing how a preset may sound. Does that sound right, or did I miss something between the beta up until now?
You could first try it on just a couple to be safe. Probably good idea to back up your user and/or favorite presets.

That's what I did today.... after updating the firmware yesterday. I did all
the Presets and it took about 15 minutes.

I am not precious about presets, though. Not like they are my First-born or anything. :LOL:

Seriously though… my post wasn’t even directed towards anyone on this forum. It was general observation of the thread over on the Fractal Forum. 😂
fair enough.. sorry for taking it far personally. But mine being a few post away from yours i've had enough reason to believe so.

Let's move on. my day is bad enough for having my presets sounding different!

Sad Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

I am not precious about presets, though.

But what about those who are?
I've read people talk about their preset creations as if they are their children!

Turn a few knobs till it sounds good again.

Fractal should add this to the end of their firmware release notes. :giggle:

RELEASE 39.08
Fixed ....................
Improved ...................
Added ..................
Note: If your presets sound different after updating just turn a few knobs until they sound good again.

It'd be interesting to see how that would go over. :rofl

I vote nuke the presets any time there is a major modeling upgrade. Don't upgrade; your presets stay the same. Do the upgrade and you know without a doubt you'll need to retweak.
That’s the part that people cannot seem to grasp
If nothing changed your presets and amps would sound exactly the same
If something changes like and amp now has more lows or less treble than you had before with your settings why are you so adamant to turn a dial but rather post a paragraph about how your presets don’t sound as good as they used to …. Arrrrrrrrr

So many times I just want to post in those threads have you considered turning down the bass ,but then I feel some one would complain I was a snarky ahole

I vote nuke the presets any time there is a major modeling upgrade. Don't upgrade; your presets stay the same. Do the upgrade and you know without a doubt you'll need to retweak.
Fractal's philosophy is relentless pursuit of improving the products. Since 2007 there have probably been hundreds of firmware updates. It's not a secret. I totally get why it seems exhausting for some. The problem (IMO) is there are users who want the spoils of all these updates without taking any responsibility for the work that goes in to making the most of them.

8omvzy.jpg

For fucks sake. People are STILL confused about whether or not they have to reset the Amp block after updating to Firmware 8.0! Somebody PLEASE make it stop!

View attachment 22327
It’s because you don’t have to on the same behavior on the other units.
And soft and hard reset can be a bit confusing.
+1
I restarted all the drive/amp/cab from scratch when installing 8 beta

I did the upgrade last night, and got to check out the 5150 III Stealth Blue Channel that I had read so much about. It’s nice to have a bunch of new models to evaluate.

I didn’t mind re-EQing any existing presets.

This is a bit of an oversimplification.
Each major release contains 3 main components: new features, "improvements" and things that are fixed.
Some people welcome all of it and are versed enough to hear what changed and why.
Some people that are completely happy with their current sounds would still be interested in any fixes that may apply to them.
Those same people that were completely content with their sounds just want to know exactly what changed so that they can get the sound back in case their new sound is less preferred. In many cases, the new version does sound better.
The reset block thing is a completely different debacle as some parameters are reset via soft and some are not.
All in all, it's not simple and I understand why people are still confused. This platform isn't a TMP with minimal configurable parameters. It's an engineer's dream with amazing capabilities.

Back