Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

It should probably be (but apparently is not) beneath us to make fun of his glasses, his stye, etc. etc. etc. :D But...
No hate from me. I think he has the right style of glasses for his face shape and whether you like the color is subjective. As for skin issues...we all have them every now and then. That's not something to make fun of so shame on some of y'all!

His recurring schtick seems to be, "I don't know much or anything about the product/ feature I'll be discussing today, so let me spend 10 minutes of your time bringing you 'up to speed'."

:farley

In an oversaturated market of content creators, this makes his videos seem either accidentally superfluous, or a money grab (i.e. a cash-in on our collective boredom LOL.)
Now this I can agree with. I think there is room for videos that are aimed more at people who are beginners at modeling/multifx, but before you make the video, you should know how to use the feature or product.

I don't really watch Dougs videos but for sake of discussion watched the one he made of the feedbacker effect. He spent an awful lot of the video saying how he didn't get it to work before asking for help. Instead of that he could have just said "Make sure you put the feedbacker early in the signal chain so it works properly" because he had already solved the problem.

Doug should not be singled out for this because I've seen TPS guys reading the manual of a pedal on the show, and the same thing for e.g Andertons. Andertons sometimes also just provides plain wrong information because they are kinda "winging it" with their demos where they probably shoot a bunch of them the same day back to back. Especially noticeable with any multifx/modeler units.

No hate from me. I think he has the right style of glasses for his face shape and whether you like the color is subjective. As for skin issues...we all have them every now and then. That's not something to make fun of so shame on some of y'all!
I agree 100% (and I've been a little concerned about my right eye all week, as it happens.) But I can't resist the pervasive TGP culture of being a d*** for laughs. :D I wouldn't take any pleasure in actually hurting this guy's feelings.

Doug should not be singled out for this because I've seen TPS guys reading the manual of a pedal on the show, and the same thing for e.g Andertons. Andertons sometimes also just provides plain wrong information because they are kinda "winging it" with their demos where they probably shoot a bunch of them the same day back to back. Especially noticeable with any multifx/modeler units.
There are very few exceptions where I can be bothered to watch a video on anything at all. If I'm looking for usage tips, or reviews, or almost anything else, I'd rather get a quickly digestible wall of text than a video I have to watch/ listen to in "real time" (whilst trying not to disturb the people around me.) Ain't nobody got time for that. (Though I'll happily spend hours bantering with you guys.) One upshot is: I still have no idea what TPS stands for. :D

giphy.gif

There are very few exceptions where I can be bothered to watch a video on anything at all. If I'm looking for usage tips, or reviews, or almost anything else, I'd rather get a quickly digestible wall of text than a video I have to watch/ listen to in "real time". Ain't nobody got time for that. (Though I'll happily spend hours bantering with you guys.) One upshot is: I still have no idea what TPS stands for. :D

giphy.gif
TPS = That Pedal Show

Totally agree. I hate how so much content has become video only because that's more lucrative than text on websites.

read drag race GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Back