What's Your Dream Amp? - TGF Edition

1000001095.jpg

Honestly, nothing.

I’ve got some bangers and they’re all pretty damn good.

I’ve got a few “nice to haves” that I’d like to add but nothing I’m really gaga for these days.
Especially to justify the price of new stuff and what it can actually do to add anything “more”.
There is a few cool new amps, the RFG, or I don’t know how to spell it, -those are cool man!!
The Euro guys are getting super good.

Especially to justify the price of new stuff and what it can actually do to add anything “more”.
There is a few cool new amps, the RFG, or I don’t know how to spell it, -those are cool man!!
The Euro guys are getting super good.
Yeah that’s really it. For as much as shit has increased in price, none of it is going to offer much different to what I’ve got already.

That is quite mental considering my 80's JCM800 Lead cab cost me £50 used!!!

I had a 90s jcm900 4x12 which cost me similar cash. Wish I still had that cab it sounded great. Annoyingly I don't even know what speakers were in it because I didn't care about stuff like that back then.

I had a 90s jcm900 4x12 which cost me similar cash. Wish I still had that cab it sounded great. Annoyingly I don't even know what speakers were in it because I didn't care about stuff like that back then.
I would guess Celestion G12T-75's, which is typically what these Marshall JCM800/900/1960A/B cabs come with. They're really great speakers to be honest. Much maligned online, but people are full of shite.

I would guess Celestion G12T-75's, which is typically what these Marshall JCM800/900/1960A/B cabs come with. They're really great speakers to be honest. Much maligned online, but people are full of shite.

I've always assumed that's what it had and really wish I'd bothered to look. It was a great sounding cab regardless of the crap they get online. Just like the amp really. Turned up to its happy place it sounded fantastic but got tons of hate because it wasn't an 800.

„Eww, that does not sound like a V30! I want everything to sound like a V30! Give me a V30! V30! V30! Aaah!“

Hit The Floor No GIF by The Maury Show

Last edited:
I think we’re all going to be dumbfounded by the new $la$h Magna’Money amp.
I really do.
After the first chord..y’all will duck & run to
the TGP for mercy.
LTFOL man.

Back