Fractal Talk

8.00 for the FM3 has just been released.

The FM3 Firmware 8.0 thread:

IMG_3187.gif

I was just thinking about this.
Who'd be willing to invest in covering the up front costs to bring to market a new piece of Fractal hardware?
Tooling, design fees (touch screen? :giggle: ), marketing, etc.

There'd have to be an upfront poll as to what's most desirable from the majority of users. Obviously some
thought would have to be put into a sort of menu of choices - size, floor or rack, I/O, a performance vs cost, etc.
to keep choices limited and focused. Size, format, and target price first, then which bells and whistles.

It's hard to tell from a forum like this, or any forums for that matter, just how large the international market would
be for a new piece of hardware with an up to date UI. Especially with risk involved.

Last edited:
Present self is trying to remember what past self heard when he played little ol'
FM3 on Firmware 7.00, and if that was more or less spectacular and fun to play
than present self enjoying Firmware 8.0.

When I look back over my shoulder to past self I only see this, and am not sure
what it means. :idk

glitter GIF

I just highlighted all my personal presets and did the batch reset in the editor. All it changed was the graphic EQ in the amp block so every time I loaded a Mesa, and forgot I did the reset, I wondered for a couple seconds why they sounded like shit until I re-did the 5-bands.
I noticed today on a Mark IIC+ preset I had made on 7.00. The 5 band was set to zero.

Also if you have a boost set up in the preamp section it gets turned off and level reset. At least it did on this same preset where I had ‘Neutral’ boost in and 6 db. After the reset it was off and level at the default 12 db.

8.00 for the FM3 has just been released.

1714448350334.png

I noticed today on a Mark IIC+ preset I had made on 7.00. The 5 band was set to zero.

Also if you have a boost set up in the preamp section it gets turned off and level reset. At least it did on this same preset where I had ‘Neutral’ boost in and 6 db. After the reset it was off and level at the default 12 db.
None of my presets had the EQ reset or boost turned off, including a IIC+ preset. Weird.

None of my presets had the EQ reset or boost turned off, including a IIC+ preset. Weird.
Nothing changed after doing Setup>Utilities>Preset>”Upgrade All Presets” (Push A) on the unit itself.

But the behavior I described occurred after doing the following in FM3-Edit:
Settings>Manage Presets… then select all presets to update and right clicking to ‘Reset Amp Blocks’ of those selected presets. I did all mine (only had 4) and all the factory ones.

Not the end of the world since I only got the unit last week and I had used presets so far. Although I’m guessing any factory presets that had a 5-band EQ or an input boost set up in the amp block will also be reset to 0 or default.

At least the amp tone and level settings were not affected.

Back