Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

The ability to stick your foot in your mouth while your head is up your ass is most impressive.

I am a long-time Yoga practitioner and that pose is only for the most devout and serious adherents of the craft.

extreme yoga GIF

sixwires

Silver Supporting Member
I have it on fairly good authority fender will e releasing a new combo this summer that will be some variation of the tonemaster pro in a combo format. Whether it's be a new mustang or called the TM i dunno I also dont know this is a fact but i have good reason to believe it. And if true it could potentially put a dent in Kat gen 3 sales. I hope if it is indeed in the works this pushes fender to release it sooner. I for one don't like the core sound of the Kat having owned one and i doubt this will be any different. Probably just a better version of what i dont like and with far less features and effects then fender. I admit i AM curious about the kat gen 3 but i certainly won't be buying

I have never seen a major product get so much hype upon release and then completely drop out of consciousness like the TMP. Curious what their sales numbers are.
Isn't that pretty much every Boss release?

I do agree that the TMP dropped off the map really quickly. I really hope that they are working on a big update that improves the amp modeling etc so people can be excited about this product again.

I really hope that they are working on a big update that improves the amp modeling etc so people can be excited about this product again.

Especially so we can get the corresponding Fractal counterpunch update. :ROFLMAO:

No one other than Boss users get hyped for Boss stuff.

Yeah it’s funny how little Boss stuff gets talked about. (Or even seen being used in the wild) I mean, I assume people are buying it, because they keep releasing them.

I have a buddy that went ahead and bought one. I can say after him bringing it over and using it with my own gear,
I still don't think the amps are true to what they are modeling. Just sounds off to me.

[/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]sixwires

Silver Supporting Member
I have it on fairly good authority fender will e releasing a new combo this summer that will be some variation of the tonemaster pro in a combo format. Whether it's be a new mustang or called the TM i dunno I also dont know this is a fact but i have good reason to believe it. And if true it could potentially put a dent in Kat gen 3 sales. I hope if it is indeed in the works this pushes fender to release it sooner. I for one don't like the core sound of the Kat having owned one and i doubt this will be any different. Probably just a better version of what i dont like and with far less features and effects then fender. I admit i AM curious about the kat gen 3 but i certainly won't be buying
if they release a combo , can you imagine the price , it will be like 2400 ,,and still sound like a bag of balls

The mega-thread over at TOP seems to have undergone a noticeable shift in the responses, from “This thing is awesome and you haters need to go away” to “I sure hope there is an update coming soon that fixes A,B, and C, and adds X, Y, and Z.” Some remain optimistic, some are getting a bit antsy. And the Fender reps have stepped back a bit in their online presence, which is making some people nervous.

For the sake of the folks that invested in the platform, I honestly do hope that Fender hits them with a few major updates that restore the satisfaction they had early on.

If you believe Sweetwater's popularity ratings, the TMP is behind the Helix and QC. That's pretty sad news for Fender considering the TMP is the newer product.

The only way to fix it is to lower the price to $1000. The fundamental problems with the TMP will prevent it from ever competing with other modelers in the $1500-$1800 price range.

The mega-thread over at TOP seems to have undergone a noticeable shift in the responses, from “This thing is awesome and you haters need to go away” to “I sure hope there is an update coming soon that fixes A,B, and C, and adds X, Y, and Z.” Some remain optimistic, some are getting a bit antsy. And the Fender reps have stepped back a bit in their online presence, which is making some people nervous.

For the sake of the folks that invested in the platform, I honestly do hope that Fender hits them with a few major updates that restore the satisfaction they had early on.
Didn’t fender say every 6 months they may update it

So weird, I was SO close to buying one around launch. I’d heard rumblings before it was released that a new modeller from Fender was coming and it had been worked on for years and they are looking to take everyone’s lunches.

Seems to have had a bunch of obvious flaws with the SIC implementation and people still think the amps are off and the effects are duds. It’s like shooting for a fractal device and ending up with a headrush

I like a lot about it, but when the core of what it does is lacklustre it’s a hard buy unless it’s dirt cheap (headrush prices). Also capturing was heavily speculated and I assumed it was like 2-3 months away. At this pace I’m not sure it’ll happen anytime soon or at any meaningful timeline. The last thing the modelling world needed was another unfinished box full of dreams and promises *sigh*

If you believe Sweetwater's popularity ratings, the TMP is behind the Helix and QC. That's pretty sad news for Fender considering the TMP is the newer product.

It does seem like that.

However, I was looking through the sales rankings at Thomann a couple of days ago and was suprised to see that the TMP seemed to be doing fairly well in terms of sales for a relatively new product in the modelling space.

Many of the reviews mentioned being new to modelling, or the form factor or ease of use.

So while many of us here have not been impressed with quality of the amp modelling, it seems that Fender is still managing to get a decent share of the market that it was going for; which is presumably those that are new to modelling and put off by complex and unintuitive UIs. And then of course there is the comfort and safety of the Fender brand for many of those potential customers.

It does seem like that.

However, I was looking through the sales rankings at Thomann a couple of days ago and was suprised to see that the TMP seemed to be doing fairly well in terms of sales for a relatively new product in the modelling space.

Many of the reviews mentioned being new to modelling, or the form factor or ease of use.

So while many of us here have not been impressed with quality of the amp modelling, it seems that Fender is still managing to get a decent share of the market that it was going for; which is presumably those that are new to modelling and put off by complex and unintuitive UIs. And then of course there is the comfort and safety of the Fender brand for many of those potential customers.
Do we know if Thomann's ranking is really 100% based on sales, or if a spot can be bought, especially by big players with sufficient cash...?

Do we know if Thomann's ranking is really 100% based on sales, or if a spot can be bought, especially by big players with sufficient cash...?

We really don't know

I do recall that we found the QC #1 Thomann sales rank position a curious thing though. It's been in that position for at least 2 years, so I can see why you'd be suspicious!

We really don't know

I do recall that we found the QC #1 Thomann sales rank position a curious thing though. It's been in that position for at least 2 years, so I can see why you'd be suspicious!
I can't go into detail, but I've spent a couple years working "in the industry" before my current job, and I have reason to believe that there's more to such rankings than solely sales numbers.

Market and competitor monitoring was quite the interesting task.

Back