Are you a One Guitar person?

Are you a one-guitar person?

• Total voters
Animated GIF
100%! Added to my bucket-list:

1. Les Paul of some sort (fell in love with my friend's Epiphone Custom Shop Les Paul with coil split)
2. Ibanez JS* - preferably a 22 fret version for that sweet neck tone (because I love Satch)
3. A classic Fender Tele

Curiosity:
- A vintage semi-hollow semi-electric (like Gretsch?) guitar

OP here guys! I would like to inform all of you, that (thanks in part to you all of y'all) I have now been bitten by the multi-guitar bug.

I spent 2 hours switching back and forth between my Tele/Strat-like Godin SD22 single coil neck tones and my new Jem Jr tones. I was basking in the glory of the differences and variations that they were giving me.
my work is done.

I am a one guitar person in that I only own one good electric guitar that I would actually gig with (if you don't count my basses), but that is purely a financial issue. If money were no object, I would own at least 6 guitars:

1. standard scale, D standard tuning, Jaguar pickups
2 standard scale, D Standard tuning, humbuckers
3. short scale, A Standard tuning, Jaguar pickups
5. short scale, A Standard tuning, humbuckers
5. short scale, 8 string/4 course octave mandolin tuning (GDAE)
6. standard scale fretless, D Standard tuning

I am partial to guitars with two PAF-style humbuckers (parallel wired, like the Gibson ES-300L) or two Jaguar pickups (specifically the Seymour Duncan Hot Jaguar set), with 4-way switching and a piezo vibrato bridge. My two favorite production guitars are the Parker Fly and the PRS CE22.

For bass, I would also want at least 6, because I already own two that I don't intend to sell:

1. standard scale 5 string Warmoth Deluxe 5J, D Standard tuning
2. standard scale fretless 5 string Warmoth Deluxe 5J, D Standard tuning
3. standard scale 6 string NS Design Radius CR6, D Standard tuning
4. standard scale fretless 6 string NS Design Radius CR6, D Standard tuning

All of these would have piezo and magnetic pickups.

And if I were touring, I'd want backups for almost all of these guitars and basses ready to go (not that that is likely to happen).

Plus I already have:

5. Music Man StingRay fretless 3eq +piezo
6. Warwick Custom Shop short scale fretless Corvette Proline, cello tuning (CGDA)

As the OP of this thread, I am proud to say I am no longer a 1-guitar person.

NGD: Ibanez JEMJR-BK. The guitar brand of my dreams, signature of my guitar God. Ever since a kid, I have always wanted to own and play an Ibanez electric, esp. one of the signature ones from Vai/Satch. Never every thought I could actually get my hands on one. This was a surprise gift from my wife and my long-time buddy. I am lucky.

This complements my other electric (Godin SD-22) extremely well!

View attachment 19867

View attachment 19868

View attachment 19869

The Wizard III neck plays like butter, I am in love with the Jatoba fretboard and Tree of Life inlay. The cutaways and contours lend themselves to amazingly easy playability! The guitar is deceptively light, solid and well built! The action was great out of the box. My first shredder guitar, now to get cracking on those sweeps and taps!

OP here guys! I would like to inform all of you, that (thanks in part to you all of y'all) I have now been bitten by the multi-guitar bug.

I spent 2 hours switching back and forth between my Tele/Strat-like Godin SD22 single coil neck tones and my new Jem Jr tones. I was basking in the glory of the differences and variations that they were giving me.

Robert Redford Nod GIF

This is the way. (y)

Kind of. I've one of each kind of guitar I use. 1 6 string tuned to standard. 1 tuned to D standard. 1 with Sustainiac. And hoping to soon have one 7 string. I might go through a couple before I find the right one but once I do that's the only one I'll have/use.

Lol. I nailed the 7 string on the first go.

No longer. I had a Strat and that was my only one. Now I also have an American made Telecaster. I think i could be more than happy with only the Telecaster, but two of the same. One for living room, one for my play room.
Does that count?

Back