Are you a One Guitar person?

Are you a one-guitar person?

• Total voters

kartikg3

Roadie
Are you a one-guitar person? (Having 1 acoustic guitar and/or 1 classical guitar and/or 1 electric guitar ONLY all count as one-guitar person) Having more than one of any of the above means you are NOT a one-guitar person. Just curious!

I have a few different brands/models, but I'm definitely a one-guitar guy.

My Taylor 714ce and my Majesty is all I play any more. And I do have a Taylor 12 string, since I used to play a few songs that needed it. But haven't played it in years.

Functionally I have been a one guitar guy, because most times in my life I have only one guitar with strings and wiring on it, and one other in storage. But I'm totally sick of every repair or mod meaning I can't play in the meantime, so I'm going to make sure I have two working guitars as much as possible, so if I really do want to tinker on one, as is too often the case with me, I can still spend part of the day practicing.

Last edited:
I own three electrics and two acoustics, but I'd say I'm a one-guitar guy.

I alternate between two guitars, pretty much playing one of them for long stretches at a time and then going back to the other one (R9 and 594). (The third guitar needs some TLC and doesn't get played, for now.)

IMG_2553.gif

But probably going to be unloading a few more very soon.

No by any means and cannot imagine how I could be a one guitar person. I love a lot of music and to play a vast majority of that I have:
  • E standard Fender Strat
  • Drop D Ibanez Rg
  • D standard ESP Horizon
  • Drop C PRS CE 24 floyd
  • B standard 7 string Ibanez

I’ve downsized several times in my life to a Gibson Les Paul and an Ovation acoustic guitar, then rebuild again. Right now in that latter stage…

Back