Are you a One Guitar person?

Are you a one-guitar person?

• Total voters
Nice!

Just need an EBMM, Ibanez and a Jackson! :grin

Funnily enough I’ve owned at least one of each of those. I had an EBMM Silhouette in the late 90s/early 2000s. Traded it away. Miss that one. Also had a SBMM JP50, but that guitar didn’t do much for me. Had a beautiful MIJ Jackson RR5 and a sweet MII SL2Q. I also had a Jackson branded Charvel. It had the Charvel neck plate and serial number but in 86 they rebranded the headstock Jackson as Charvels were starting to be made overseas. Solid flame maple body too. And I’ve owned two Ibanez RG7620s. One in black, one in vampire kiss red.

Not counting my acoustic or bass, it's still not really a one guitar scenario.

I have 2 electrics these days, but I would consider one my main guitar, and that's my Suhr super strat (SSH) guitar. Les Paul is my close second.

If I were to go nuts like I did back in the mid 2000's I would probably end up with a pared down mix of about 5 - 8 guitars max, just for the ease of keeping some in alternate tunings - I had 15 or so at one point.

I went and tried my friend's new (used) Epiphone Les Paul Custom, and I am in love 💕 🎸

1000039209.jpg

It's my first Les Paul experience, and now I understand what all the fuss is about!

I can't have only one, live I need a backup. But that's it, it only gets used if something goes wrong with this one:

PXL_20240214_224710984.jpg

Pickups are 2 classic stacks and a little 59 in the bridge. 250k vol pot.

Fact is I'm still recovering financially from covid, but I actually like having one guitar. I practice more instead of chasing tones. If I had it my way I'd probably have a similarly spec'd higher end brand like TA or Suhr. Someday maybe.

Last edited:
I can't have only one, live I need a backup. But that's it, it only gets used if something goes wrong with this one:

View attachment 19240

Pickups are 2 classic stacks and a little 59 in the bridge. 250k vol pot.

Fact is I'm still recovering financially from covid, but I actually like having one guitar. I practice more instead of chasing tones. If I had it my way I'd probably have a similarly spec'd higher end brand like TA or Suhr. Someday maybe.
What's the monitor you have in the back? Is it for your modeling needs?

I have 2 electrics, each for a specific purpose. I have a 7-string tuned to standard A on the bottom and drop D on the higher 6. The 2nd guitar is tuned to drop C.

I also have an acoustic that I rarely use. My daughter claimed it.

I used to have multiple guitars until I thought it was unnecessary. I had to maintain all these guitars that I didn't use often.

Can I still call myself a one-guitar person?

I like single coils (Ultra Luxe Strat). And I like Humbuckers (PRS SE 245). And I like P90’s (Reverend Airsonic W). And I like Active pups (ESP LTD Gold Andromeda).

That’s 4 of my 5. The other is a Squier Thinline Semi-Acoustic with Humbuckers. The baseball-bat type of neck on it means I put in in Open D for slide. I like it, but when I played it my wrist and hand would hurt after 15 minutes.

Orange Terror (Dark and Rocker) amps, a Bad Cat Black Cat and floor full of pedals.

I recently traded in a MIM HSS Strat and a G&L Legacy SSS to make some space for the Ultra Luxe and the ESP. Modern necks, weight and contours were worth it – and the pickups in the Ultra Luxe are noticably better in comparison.

GASing for: Epiphone Les Paul (I can’t justify the $$$ for a Gibson) and ES-335. And maybe a Tone King Gremlin head.

I’m just a gear/hobby dude – but my rubbish sounds so much better and is more comfortable to play with the recent “upgrades” (Ultra Luxe, ESP, Black Cat) that I feel good about my sound as well as the gear.

If I can make some more space, 2 more electrics at least (a 335 is really tempting right now). Perhaps a Baritone as well…

As the OP of this thread, I am proud to say I am no longer a 1-guitar person.

NGD: Ibanez JEMJR-BK. The guitar brand of my dreams, signature of my guitar God. Ever since a kid, I have always wanted to own and play an Ibanez electric, esp. one of the signature ones from Vai/Satch. Never every thought I could actually get my hands on one. This was a surprise gift from my wife and my long-time buddy. I am lucky.

This complements my other electric (Godin SD-22) extremely well!

1710185227878.png

1710185247916.png

1710185294553.png

The Wizard III neck plays like butter, I am in love with the Jatoba fretboard and Tree of Life inlay. The cutaways and contours lend themselves to amazingly easy playability! The guitar is deceptively light, solid and well built! The action was great out of the box. My first shredder guitar, now to get cracking on those sweeps and taps!

Last edited:
As the OP of this thread, I am proud to say I am no longer a 1-guitar person.

NGD: Ibanez JEMJR-BK. The guitar brand of my dreams, signature of my guitar God. Ever since a kid, I have always wanted to own and play an Ibanez electric, esp. one of the signature ones from Vai/Satch. Never every thought I could actually get my hands on one. This was a surprise gift from my wife. I am lucky.

This complements my other electric (Godin SD-22) extremely well!

View attachment 19867

View attachment 19868

View attachment 19869

The Wizard III neck plays like butter, I am in love with the Jatoba fretboard and Tree of Life inlay. The cutaways and contours lend themselves to amazingly easy playability! The guitar is deceptively light, solid and well built! The action was great out of the box. My first shredder guitar, now to get cracking on those sweeps and taps!
Congrats! That's a beauty.

Kind of. I've one of each kind of guitar I use. 1 6 string tuned to standard. 1 tuned to D standard. 1 with Sustainiac. And hoping to soon have one 7 string. I might go through a couple before I find the right one but once I do that's the only one I'll have/use.

OP here guys! I would like to inform all of you, that (thanks in part to you all of y'all) I have now been bitten by the multi-guitar bug.

I spent 2 hours switching back and forth between my Tele/Strat-like Godin SD22 single coil neck tones and my new Jem Jr tones. I was basking in the glory of the differences and variations that they were giving me.

OP here guys! I would like to inform all of you, that (thanks in part to you all of y'all) I have now been bitten by the multi-guitar bug.

I spent 2 hours switching back and forth between my Tele/Strat-like Godin SD22 single coil neck tones and my new Jem Jr tones. I was basking in the glory of the differences and variations that they were giving me.
Animated GIF

Back