So, what do I have to do to fix my SG’s neck dive?

What are y'all doing to your guitars?!?

I honestly can't remember the last time I broke a string; I change my strings MAYBE once a year; and once setup, my guitars...stay in tune? I bend heavily, but don't have any floating tremolos (and currently don't play my one guitar that does have a decked trem).

Locking tuners are just...unnecessary bulk/mass as far as I'm concerned.
I’m not exactly sure what you’re replying to.

relocate the strap buttons
IMG_20240512_134646.jpg

Swap the Grovers for some Klusons. Put some lead fishing weights in the control cavity that the tuner swap doesn’t do it.

I did take the Grovers out just to see if it would get rid of the neck dive and with no tuning machines in there is no neck dive. I searched for lightweight tuning machines and Gotoh Stealth came up as the lightest but I can't seem to find them anywhere. I'll check out StewMac for something.

I’m going to try a set of Gotoh SXN510V-SLB Electric/Acoustic Guitar Premium Keys KEYSTONE 3x3, NICKEL

Last edited:
Yes I didn't notice that it was The PG set . As for the copper it won’t do anything. 🤘🏻
I am going to try your advice by winding the string higher on the peg to see if I can get it to stay in tune when the new tuning machines get here. IIRC, you just want me to put the last wrap on top, yeah?

Back