NGD: Never say never edition

Warmart

Shredder
Soooo, maybe I'm weird ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but I can't stand it when a month goes by and every time I pull a guitar down, it's back on the hanger within two minutes. Kinda tells you something, no? :unsure: Odd part is that this PRS DW CE-24 was my favorite for quite some time. I do know I wasn't in love with the top and since I upgraded the pickups in my CU-24, it was utterly supplanted.

I bought an Ibanez S fixed bridge from Drop Dee Guitars a couple months ago (they are less than 2 hours drive for me), and they have TONS of mostly modern guitars, including a few Aristides - which I've never laid eyes on but have heard a lot about. So I was expecting to trade the DW CE-24 for an Aristides, but once I got there this "Aviator Ace Edition Elevon" grabbed on to me immediately. It was a close battle but each of the Aristides had one different thing that I didn't want. Eventually came down to this Aviator and a "Spiderman" finish Aristides. Didn't like how this particular Aristides looked with his website pics, but in person, WHOA it was jaw dropping!! The strike against it was it wasn't multiscale, and the two previous 7's I had weren't either, and I didn't like the squishy 7th string. If I was getting a 7 (which I said I'd never get another lmao), it was going to have to be multiscale.

Never heard of Aviator guitars, but they are a custom only builder out of the Czech Republic. I did do a little research beforehand, as I loved what I saw before my trip over yesterday, so it was already on the list of 5 "maybes". Once I held it and looked it over it went to the top of the list, I just had to fight off the pull of the Aristides! Some Ormsby's were on my list too, but I didn't like them nearly as much.

The overall build and fit and finish is beyond perfect, frets - neck joint - headstock, you name it! And little details like allen screws for the pickups, the cool recessed output jack, etc. It's not a gaudy guitar but it's just fuckin executed extremely well. I should've just left the shop with it in the first 5 minutes!! But 225 ish guitars were screaming at me.

Hopefully some of you with 7-string experience will pass me some cool riffs to learn, as I'm a total neophyte with them - played some Korn with my last one tehehe. Both of the ones I had just felt like pure ass, so if this Aviator doesn't make me into a 7-string player, nothing will!

Unknowns were the pickups, they are "Instrumental SFTY4" - and I found they're a beauteek winder out of Utah¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - but they sound absolutely fantastic, pinch harmonics are better than my EMG's!

I am going to get an Aristides, either a used that fits me or I'll do a custom order one of these days. They are phenomenal in every way you can imagine, just virtually impossible to lay your hands on one!

Aviator Ace Elevon Top.png
Aviator Ace Elevon Back Left.jpg
Aviator Ace Elevon Back Right.png
Aviator Ace Elevon Back.png

Wenge/Maple neck and open gear lockers.
Aviator Ace Elevon Headstock Rear Left.jpg

Neck joint is delicious folks! They also do all their models as set neck, but it doesn't feel like a bolt on, at all.
Aviator Ace Elevon Neck Joint.jpg

Even the case is from the Czech Republic, and has badass imprints and a spring handle!
Aviator Ace Elevon Case.jpg

What builder provides a wooden box like this? :unsure: Too bad the Schaller strap locks aren't like my Dunlops, but I can sell them to you!
Aviator Ace Box.jpg

Damn, enjoy it, man!!! I love that offset body!

I’ve been having a good ole time in drop A lately with my 7, tension on the low B/A can be a little touchy and might require some setup work/adjustment of your right hand to play nice with it, but it’s a blast once it’s there! (If i’s not already)

Damn, enjoy it, man!!! I love that offset body!

I’ve been having a good ole time in drop A lately with my 7, tension on the low B/A can be a little touchy and might require some setup work/adjustment of your right hand to play nice with it, but it’s a blast once it’s there! (If i’s not already)
OH I am, all it needed was a half turn (or so) trussrod adjustment, and everything was perfecto! :chef
I love the looks of this thing! I need a downtuned guitar in my life :satan
Can't recommend this brand enough, although I'm in B Standard, atm, lol. But the 7th string is all brutality, no doubt.
Wow! That thing is so f-ing cool!
Major congrats!
Thank you sir! I'm stoked!!

Passion and Warfare….

Thank you! Ended up learning a Dream Theater riff from "A Change of Seasons", through massive amounts of research AND the fact that "7 string guitar riffs for dummies" YouTube link had that as the 1st riff! :grin
That thing is gorgeous!

Congrats 👏
Thank you sir!
Congrats! A good friend of mine has an aviator, it is an outstanding specimen
A lot of luck on my part, not many of them in the US - but this one is suhweet!
Fuckin thing rules
Absolutely mister!
Dig it! And the controls are completely out of the way of the knuckles- Bonus points.
Yep, like zero chance of nudging the vol pot on this baby!
Looks amazing! Congrats
Thank you sir!
Congrats! Looks sweet.
Thank you, too, sir!
Congratulations! That looks completely badass. I had to look up Instrumental Pickups too; they seem cool.
Thank you sir! Can't say anything but good, so far. They handled 3 different styles without breaking a sweat so far. Dio, Def Leppard and Dream Theater, lmao. Maybe I only like stuff that starts with D, oh wait, that's not sounding so good. :unsure:
Thank you, sir Dave. Definitely won this round, having a blast!

On the list, thank you Tom! :rawk
Wow, man thats awesome so happy for you

:chef :guiness :chef
I haven't felt like this since the Majesty - although these are SOOO different. It just similarly lights the fire. Something about that extra string opens a lot of possibilities!
My favorite band is Death, so it sounds good to me haha!
Ahh, about the only Death metal I can get into, well, other than if At The Gates counts? I get lost in the "genre" distinctions these days.
Hopefully this is your "Lucky 7"! Looks tight!! I see what you are saying about that neck joint, that is world class!!!
Thank you MW, I think the neck grain and that body/neck joint is a big part of my being blown away, but the whole deal is impressive. It's great to see what some of these new builders are able to accomplish, in such a crowded market. Kudos to them and there continued success!
The few of those I have had in have all been superb. Enjoy it.
Couldn't be a better recommendation than your's, sir! Thank you!

Back