Thinking about selling the Stealth

You're gonna have to send me a pricelist :ROFLMAO:

Mesa OS condition well used, v30 x c90, no casters - $600

Mesa Rectifier 1x12 straight, very good condition - $400

Wizard 1x12 convertible, white, condition good with some spots on top from amp. Can discus what speaker - $400

Marshall Vintage 4x12, well used - $700

Right now I think a blend of Vintage 30 and Greenbacks in a 4x12 cab is a winning combination, these are my favorite guitar speakers.
Probably 2 greenies on top and 2 v30 at the bottom, I haven't tried this blend in a 4x12 cab yet but when I connect two separate cabs (4x12 + 1x12) to the amp the sound in the room is gigantic.
This is the default config for the Friedman 412 and that is an *awesome* cab. I have 2 Synergy 4x12s which are Friedman 412s with different cosmetics (both made by BAD); love them.

Not the same, but a very un-scientific vid I made last year showing how speak swaps change things for the better. These are X patterned, not two on top two on bottom.

I love how all these guys are so united in getting you to spend more money that
won't change the conditions or circumstances you are living in and with. :LOL:

Do you. If you don't use it and can turn it into something else go for it. It's not
like it is a rare earth metal map or something. :idk

I love how all these guys are so united in getting you to spend more money that
won't change the conditions or circumstances you are living in and with. :LOL:

Do you. If you don't use it and can turn it into something else go for it. It's not
like it is a rare earth metal map or something. :idk
Sage advice as always. At this moment in time; most of my fun playing is cranking the III through studio monitors.

I think a good move is grabbing some closed back 112s with traditional speakers in them. Mainly because I can run whatever amp through them without the open back and IR mental gymnastics the F12 loaded cabs I have currently bring to the table :unsure:

Rule #2: Always keep at least one guitar cab you like and most familiar with, never sell it.
I used to have a pair of Carvin 412Bs. The old 80s era ones with the metal grills. Loved those things - one got stolen and the other I had to sell to pay rent back in the 90s. Been trying to replace them for years now.

The B version of this. Sounded glorious.

I used to have a pair of Carvin 412Bs. The old 80s era ones with the metal grills. Loved those things - one got stolen and the other I had to sell to pay rent back in the 90s. Been trying to replace them for years now.

The B version of this. Sounded glorious.
True story. I had a Rev G on layaway and ended up doing like 4 payments till it was mine. I had it and what I think is this Carvin cabs with V30s. Like the crackhead dumbfuck I was; I sold it on ebay because "it wasn't the right amp at the time". After I sold it; I fired it up and it is probably the most regretted "sell something, then fire up to see what you'll be missing moment" in all of my GAS filled history. It was THUNDEROUS. Fucking dumbass :mad::ROFLMAO:

:bag

Great amp but I just don't have the desire to turn it on. Biggest issue causing these feelings is almost 100% because of me not having a proper speaker cab. These F12 loaded 112s are great for modeling purposes but not the same experience with amps at all. Running it through the Suhr is a blast but boiling it down to digital at that point makes the III more fun since I am running it through studio monitors. My desire for a face ripping Marshall still burns but that lack of cabinet will have me in the exact same spot in an instant.

I know you are just dying to do this.

2253101010_amp_dtl_001_nr.jpg

Last edited:
Would probably sound glorious with a Mesa 112. And then you'd have a killer 112 after selling me the Stealth.

Can confirm that the 6l6 sounds amazing with a Mesa 112

The Mesa 112s aren't wide enough. No t-stacks!

The candidates are as follows
View attachment 22223

View attachment 22224

View attachment 22225

There's also some KILLER SLO cabs in purple but you know what that would mean :nails:chef:cry:

I can confirm that the closed back wide body Mesa 1x12 is not a T stack for 50 watt 5153!

C90 in it? How do you like it compared to the EVH 212?

Yep, I’ve only used the two together a little but it sounds great. Huge lowend, more than the EVH but that also might be because it’s not on wheels . I have the Mesa at my drummers house right now with my Engl, it’s A very good sounding cabinet and mics up nice too

C90 in it? How do you like it compared to the EVH 212?

My EVH head has been plugged into both the EVH 2x12 and my Mesa C90 2x12 for the last couple of weeks. I haven’t gotten to crank them, C90’s have a LOT more mids and I think would hold up much better cranked, but the EVH is more pleasing at living room volume.

In all the time I’ve had these amps, I haven’t plugged the FM9 into the Return of one just to use the power section until about an hour ago. I’m kinda re-thinking the amp thing now because I think a Mesa 2:90 would solve all my “problems”. Every amp sounds so fucking great that I’m having a really hard time justifying the idea of buying a JPIIC+ when there’s already Fractal models of it that sound absolutely ridiculous into a tube power section.

The Bassman and Toucana Clean…..JFC, the depth in the low end, not bass, but tone, is just insane. The 2203…..man, I’ve just been dicking around with my Strat, I don’t even wanna start listening off the innuendo comparisons I can be making to how stoked I am right now.

Back