Thinking about selling the Stealth

As much as Inlove the romance of tubes and amps and glowing glass and knobs…

…I just always wind up falling into this same sorta place not too long into any tube acquisition these days…
In a gig where we do our own sound; a tube amp is great. And at rare times at home when I can crank it up LOUD. But things like last night with killer pro sound reinforcement; it's a tougher sell. Even if it is a blast to rip through one :satan

Right now I think a blend of Vintage 30 and Greenbacks in a 4x12 cab is a winning combination, these are my favorite guitar speakers.
Probably 2 greenies on top and 2 v30 at the bottom, I haven't tried this blend in a 4x12 cab yet but when I connect two separate cabs (4x12 + 1x12) to the amp the sound in the room is gigantic.

PS.
A 1x12 with one Vintage 30 is just about as loud as a 4x12 with Greenbacks, efficiency difference is real.

Right now I think a blend of Vintage 30 and Greenbacks in a 4x12 cab is a winning combination, these are my favorite guitar speakers.
Probably 2 greenies on top and 2 v30 at the bottom, I haven't tried this blend in a 4x12 cab yet but when I connect two separate cabs (4x12 + 1x12) to the amp the sound in the room is gigantic.

PS.
A 1x12 with one Vintage 30 is just about as loud as a 4x12 with Greenbacks, efficiency difference is real.

That’s the setup in my Friedman 412. It’s a great pairing. 👍

:bag

Great amp but I just don't have the desire to turn it on. Biggest issue causing these feelings is almost 100% because of me not having a proper speaker cab. These F12 loaded 112s are great for modeling purposes but not the same experience with amps at all. Running it through the Suhr is a blast but boiling it down to digital at that point makes the III more fun since I am running it through studio monitors. My desire for a face ripping Marshall still burns but that lack of cabinet will have me in the exact same spot in an instant.
Dude, I can’t tell you how many times I’ll be in
the zone and the zone is the cone of the speaker
invisibly connected to my eardrums.
Sounds like you need to get in the ‘Ace Mix’ zones on the cones brotha’!

In a gig where we do our own sound; a tube amp is great. And at rare times at home when I can crank it up LOUD. But things like last night with killer pro sound reinforcement; it's a tougher sell. Even if it is a blast to rip through one :satan
So, if you had your dream cab to pair with the Stealth, realistically how often would you play through it vs your other options?

For me, my Badlander and Randall Diavlo 212 is unbeatable. But I turn to my solid state and or modeling options 9 out of 10 times cause of the “hassle” of waiting for tubes to warm up vs the convenience of just turning on an SS or modeler and just immediately playing.

First world problem for sure, but it happens.

I read the OP and all I hear is “I swam two thirds of the way across the Mississippi but I got tired so I turned around and swam back.”

Get yourself a dang cab.
You're not wrong! At the same time (and maybe you haven't experienced this); it's just one of those gear situations where I've felt the excitement and desire to turn the thing on slip away. To where I could see myself buying a cab and eventually ending up with a cab but no amp :oops::ROFLMAO:

You're not wrong! At the same time (and maybe you haven't experienced this); it's just one of those gear situations where I've felt the excitement and desire to turn the thing on slip away. To where I could see myself buying a cab and eventually ending up with a cab but no amp :oops::ROFLMAO:
No decent combos either?

No decent combos either?
I am open to them. But semi-open back and weighing a ton where I feel like I will never carry them down from upstairs to gig them because I am lazy is indeed a thing. This rationale applies to 100lb 412s and 60lb 212s as well :oops:

If I find myself not wanting to gig it because it's pain to haul around; this cycle of needing to justify it's existence intensifies :brick:bonk

I read the OP and all I hear is “I swam two thirds of the way across the Mississippi but I got tired so I turned around and swam back.”

Get yourself a dang cab.

The Muppets Agree GIF by ABC Network

Would probably sound glorious with a Mesa 112. And then you'd have a killer 112 after selling me the Stealth.
The Mesa 112s aren't wide enough. No t-stacks!

The candidates are as follows
1714311867195.png

1714311894300.png

1714311916982.png

There's also some KILLER SLO cabs in purple but you know what that would mean :nails:chef:cry:

I know what you mean. However, I think pairing that amp with the right cab is exactly the kind of thing that would breathe the life back into the rig and reveal to you what you've been missing, and inspire you to start playing it regularly again.

No Orange. Never tried a Bogner... what are they loaded with?

Edited to add: Actually the Jim Root Orange cabs are killer.
I dig the looks of the black Orange cabs :love Bogner cabs are loaded with a creamback 65. That unmatching swirly tolex would probably drive me nuts over time though :unsure:
I’m shocked you don’t have a cab. :ROFLMAO:

Empty 412 for life! :ROFLMAO: The dual 112s I have currently are monoprice Amazon proof of concept purchases that never got properly replaced.
I know what you mean. However, I think pairing that amp with the right cab is exactly the kind of thing that would breathe the life back into the rig and reveal to you what you've been missing, and inspire you to start playing it regularly again.
You're not wrong. I'd absolutely gig the Stealth on a pair of the EVH 112 cabs :satan

Back