Rank your personal favorite brand of modeler.

Rank you personal favorite brand of modeler.

• Line 6

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Fractal

Votes: 46 49.5%
  • Boss

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Kemper

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nux

• Hotone

• Mooer

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Fender

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Quad Cortex

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Atomic

• Total voters
GT1000 is pretty cool though. Had it once in parallel with the Amplifire and the Kemper Stage. Lowest latency, the snapiest tone. Don't know why I ever sold it... I ended up selling the Stage afterwards and the AA6. From time to time I get the urge to get a Core. I like BOSS for being old school. Also had the Helix, not impressed although Native can sound good but it just doesn't feel right.

Our guy accounts for almost 25 percent of the threads on page 1 of this D&M board and it's essentially the same thing. Im all for discussion but they just feel redundant and don't add anything (which is saying alot, I know we go off track all the time here). Just feels like blah filler.

Someone tell me I'm being an ass
:somean :blanket

He’s giving @Stone a solid run for his money, but I get it. This board didn’t exist when I started down the Fractal path, the other place had already become the “Everything but Fractal” page, and that left the Fractal forum, where stuff like this is normal…

I don't really see the point of this, as the vast majority of people won't have had the opportunity to own more than one of these units and/or have had enough experience with actually using them that they could really offer anything that might be considered an informed, objective opinion.

I have a Boss GT-1000Core, and I like it. Are other units "better"? Maybe, but I haven't got $10K USD to buy 4-6 different units, sit with them for a few weeks to see how well they fit my needs, and discover their limitations.

That's the way it always is with these comparisons. There are some people who one more than one modeler, have mastered them and can compare them side by side, but all of them on the list? I don't think so. Most people watch some youtube videos when they're shopping and buy the one that seems to be their liking (or is recommended by a friend), and are only experts with the one they own. Even if you had the money to buy a bunch of modelers for a side by side comparison, who has the time to master all of them?

All of them on the list? Probably not. But a lot of them? I don’t think it’s unusual as you might think. I’ve played and compared most every major modeler, just by either going to stores to try them, owning them, or being a part of the musician community and trying others’ gear. If you can compare a Helix and a Quad Cortex, then compare the QC to a Fender TMP, and so on, it doesn’t take a lot to be able to make somewhat informed opinions.

I have quite a few right now, they just seem to accumulate through the years. Same with amps, guitars…

He’s giving @Stone a solid run for his money,

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

I’m stuck at home recovering from surgery. I have been since last year and I have 6 more weeks to go after another surgery on Tuesday. Not trying to give a sob story but it has been lonely and I like to share.

I’ve known some of the folks on this board for years across other forums. I respect many of them and I know they not only love the guitar but also gear. They have great info and often bring me joy and make me laugh too.

But I get it. I’ll tamp down on the number of posts. I apologize if I dirtied up the place.

Jason

Tonex sucks. Clock radio display turd.
CLOCKX

I've owned five of the 10 brands listed in terms of hardware modeler. And I've demo'ed Neural plugins. Have also owned UA, Zoom, Walrus and Behringer hardware modelers. I may be missing something, too.

Believe it or not, folks that spend a lot of time on gear forums...have owned a lot of gear.

I’m stuck at home recovering from surgery. I have been since last year and I have 6 more weeks to go after another surgery on Tuesday. Not trying to give a sob story but it has been lonely and I like to share.

I’ve known some of the folks on this board for years across other forums. I respect many of them and I know they not only love the guitar but also gear. They have great info and often bring me joy and make me laugh too.

But I get it. I’ll tamp down on the number of posts. I apologize if I dirtied up the place.

Jason

Fuck it, keep ‘em coming.

Jason
Mojo sent!

Jason

Life is hard, man. Sometimes just brutal. My 18 year old Son is going to be having his 2nd ACL
reconstruction in the past 3 years tomorrow morning. I am glad you have found some fun and
a distraction in the midst of it all. I bet it helps your healing and recovery, too.

Endorphins are anti-inflammatory. :beer

Hardly a toy. Any enclosure can be susceptible to damage, especially if dropped or abused -- but most likely something internally shocked from jarring (and there could be an argument made that a plastic shell is better in that case).
Mojo, mojitos and prayers sent.

Back