NDSP Quad Cortex

rzbrsu99dp071.jpg

:facepalm
Yeah, whenever I see these monster boards that include amp modeling plus multi-FX processors as "part of this balanced breakfast", I can't help but suspect the whole point of "multi-FX" has been overlooked.

But maybe I'm just not fussy enough. (Who'd have thunk?) :D

Define 'just fine'. A loyal base they got for sure.
Highly doubt that more than 5-10% of NEW upper modeling sales are going to Fractal.

- no marketing
- no dealer network
- bad warranty (relatively speaking)
- badly outdated GUI

Seriously, if not for the hardcore base buying and re-buying literally multiple times over what would their sales be?

I think that's kind of unfair to Fractal as they don't seem to be targeting your average consumer. I see them more as a direct-to-buyer solution that is targeting professionals and prosumers. They rely on word of mouth and seem to be very successful in that area. And while I agree the GUI is really dated, I kind of admire their approach. They don't appear to be willing to compromise or apologize for it.

At the end of the day, when you look at the roster of who's using the products, it kind of speaks for itself. The goal doesn't seem to be market saturation or sales as much as having the product be relied upon by some of the biggest touring acts.

Yeah, whenever I see these monster boards that include amp modeling plus multi-FX processors as "part of this balanced breakfast", I can't help but suspect the whole point of "multi-FX" has been overlooked.

But maybe I'm just not fussy enough. (Who'd have thunk?) :D

I just can't bring myself to assemble a board with multiple modelers or even multi-effects plus amp modeling plus analog pedals. I've done that before, I have all that gear on hand, and it's just a massive pain in the ass. I guess I'd rather compromise somewhere to get something that makes more sense.

Just as unfair as dissing on Neural because they chose a more traditional approach.

:beer

I don’t think there’s anything “traditional” about Neural. If anything, they operate more like modern video games where you pay full price for the game up front and get drip-fed content after.

The QC is following a similar path GTA V did; Rockstar advertised the game as having a bunch of stuff it did not have at release, it was buggy and it took them a month or two to get the online portion of the game up. The story mode was supposed to get its own DLC, but online DLC’s were prioritized because they were making bank off microtransactions. I can’t seem to recall what Neural is currently prioritizing for the QC….storymode DLC? :rofl

Neural does everything all on their own to get dissed. Even NDSP fans can admit that.

Ya, best part of no longer using a modeler is not having to feel overly partial to any particular brand.
Fractal does Fractal and Neural does Neural.
Let's be honest, both pretty quirky and both worthy of the occasional jabs from whomever.

As long as we play reasonably :farley nice it's all good, right?
T's all good indeed. Whatever gets you playing more is the best one there is then & there; Neural, Fractal, Line6, Boss, ToneX etc.

I sold and shipped my preorder QC today for $1350. It was good for a while but it's been collecting dust since tonex (and now dimehead for nam) came out. Same particular annoyances I had for years that never really resolved, and certain things about the captures I can't unhear that just bug me now. Sad to see her go, but the money is money and someone else will enjoy it now

So, I'm back in love with the QC. I tried making some captures of my Lichtlaerm Audio Prometheus both through my real ENGL 4x12 XXL and direct with a loadbox and I was blown away by the accuracy. Since I have 65 amps or so I'm now definitely planning on doing more amps soon. Anyway, you can hear the results /clips in this video:

Ya, best part of no longer using a modeler is not having to feel overly partial to any particular brand.
Fractal does Fractal and Neural does Neural.
Let's be honest, both pretty quirky and both worthy of the occasional jabs from whomever.

As long as we play reasonably :farley nice it's all good, right?
- You can use a modeler and also choose to be impartial.

- You can prefer a specific modeler, acknowledging that it's simply a matter of its best meeting your personal needs, and still be impartial.

- God knows you can play a "real" amp and be partial LOL.

Back