I was wrong about the QC

Weird. I compared the Dual Recs between QC and FM3, and I could barely tell them apart.

I'll turn in my badge and gun at the end of the day...

Also not my experience. :idk
Man, I must be doing something wrong then. The 5150 is killer, but even the HBE is not doing it for me. I have yet to start swapping out cabs / IRs though so we’ll see.

In a weird way… it kinda reminds me of the Fractal AX8. The tones are sort of similar in that they are studio / mix ready but a bit harsh. Things is, though, the CCV on the FM3 is a high gain amp but never sounded harsh. YMMV I guess

Man, I must be doing something wrong then. The 5150 is killer, but even the HBE is not doing it for me. I have yet to start swapping out cabs / IRs though so we’ll see.

In a weird way… it kinda reminds me of the Fractal AX8. The tones are sort of similar in that they are studio / mix ready but a bit harsh. Things is, though, the CCV on the FM3 is a high gain amp but never sounded harsh. YMMV I guess
I loved the HBE let me try to remember the settings
It was a tube screamer in front low gain like 2
Amp had , voice off , C45 0n
Saturation off
The Cab was a Marshall I believe 2 mics a 421 and a 160 and I don’t think I moved them much from default a low mix ping pong delay and hall verb
But it was killer could play Scorpions Dokken more Modern stuff it was by far my favourite model in the box

You can fix the HBE model on most platforms by going to the amp block and changing it to a Jumped Plexi.
lol 😂 it NDSP you cannot change tonestacks , tubes or anything, unless they changed that ,

I stand corrected the Kraken let’s you go 6l6/34

I never got on with the HBE either, but then again the 800 and/or Plexi with the Myth Drive in front slaps pretty hard, so I always felt like I had the gained up Marshall thing covered.

The Myth Drive is the bringer of death on the QC. I think they bonked the model of it, (it’s not like any Klone I’ve had) but the end result turned out mistakenly awesome for da gainez. :ROFLMAO:

I thought he meant just straight up changing the model 🤣
Yep probably what he meant
I am just stuck in FAS world
Where if you are not loving it
You could always
Change the tonestack
Change the bright cap
Adjust the NFB
Change the depth cap
Change the power tube
Change the bias
Change the preamp tube
Change the SIC
Add the thump
Change the sag
Etc etc

I never got on with the HBE either, but then again the 800 and/or Plexi with the Myth Drive in front slaps pretty hard, so I always felt like I had the gained up Marshall thing covered.

The Myth Drive is the bringer of death on the QC. I think they bonked the model of it, (it’s not like any Klone I’ve had) but the end result turned out mistakenly awesome for da gainez. :ROFLMAO:
Arrested Development Taking Notes GIF by HULU

Weird. I compared the Dual Recs between QC and FM3, and I could barely tell them apart.

I'll turn in my badge and gun at the end of the day...

Also not my experience. :idk
This is were I made a Quad Cortex capture of a NAM real amp capture ( Mesa Recto ) . So capture of a capture. And I think it sounds really close.
This is a Mesa Recto

And this is the QC capture

Re-amped with same Cab block in the QC

This is were I made a Quad Cortex capture of a NAM real amp capture ( Mesa Recto ) . So capture of a capture. And I think it sounds really close.
This is a Mesa Recto

And this is the QC capture

Re-amped with same Cab block in the QC

That’s pretty close. I have been having better luck with captures than some models. That and EQ tweaks have helped. YMMV as always

That’s pretty close. I have been having better luck with captures than some models. That and EQ tweaks have helped. YMMV as always
My comment above re: QC Dual Rectifier vs. FAS Dual Rectifier was actually per comparison with the QC CA Duo Ch3 models. Though I think at the time I was A/B'ing through a real 4x12, which will flatter both.

As for EQ tweaks - cabinet/ mics/ mic positions is probably the most important place to start. I've been using the same doctored Creamback-loaded 4x12 cab sim since a day or two after I got my QC, almost exclusively.

Last edited:
Counterpoint, I like to use expression pedals with my left foot, so all the devices with expressions on the right are backwards to me. I much prefer separate expressions.
100%

I'm not a fan of built-in expression pedals for precisely this reason.

If Line 6 came out with a revised full-fat Helix without an expression pedal, I'd ditch my Stomp XL and Helix LT in a heartbeat (but not my Stormtrooper white HX Stomp)!

I've actually been putting a lot of thought into wah/expression pedal placement lately. In previous years I always kept my board straight in front of me, both wah and expression angled and to the right of the board, it makes sense that way when stepping up to it from a guitar player standpoint. Mic stand fuckery has always been an issue and I can see why some dudes have a mic stand coming up from the middle of the board because there's never a perfect place to put it without it falling over or putting weights on the base.

After seeing how Myles Kennedy handles things with his boards angled, I'm going to give it a shot, while moving at least the wah to the left side of the FM9.

Never been interested in built-in expression pedals, I'm too picky about what I feel under my foot and how they move.

They also will have plugins (SOON) which will always be unique to them.
IMO, the plug-in "integration" that the QC will eventually get is being hyped up as being something it really isn't.

The NDSP plug-ins obviously contain some unique models and presets, and the QC will eventually get access to these if linked to an account that owns the relevant plug-in, but I don't think you can really say that the QC is "running a plug-in" per se.

Helix Native has already been mentioned, but Line 6 could do exactly the same as NDSP with Metallurgy by simply making the Metallurgy presets available, for free, on the Line 6 Marketplace for users who own Metallurgy licenses, although any Helix user could simply make them themselves anyway as all the models are already there.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if IK comes out with a hardware Amplitube either.

IMO, the plug-in "integration" that the QC will eventually get is being hyped up as being something it really isn't.

The NDSP plug-ins obviously contain some unique models and presets, and the QC will eventually get access to these if linked to an account that owns the relevant plug-in, but I don't think you can really say that the QC is "running a plug-in" per se.

Helix Native has already been mentioned, but Line 6 could do exactly the same as NDSP with Metallurgy by simply making the Metallurgy presets available, for free, on the Line 6 Marketplace for users who own Metallurgy licenses, although any Helix user could simply make them themselves anyway as all the models are already there.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if IK comes out with a hardware Amplitube either.
The approach NDSP is taking is really the only sensible way to do this: break the plugin down into blocks that can be mixed and matched however you like with any other blocks, whether OG QC blocks or from other plugins. I always found it weird that some users literally wanted the plugins, graphics and all, inside the QC. How the hell would that be an enjoyable experience? It would be way worse.

The approach NDSP is taking is really the only sensible way to do this: break the plugin down into blocks that can be mixed and matched however you like with any other blocks, whether OG QC blocks or from other plugins. I always found it weird that some users literally wanted the plugins, graphics and all, inside the QC. How the hell would that be an enjoyable experience? It would be way worse.
It will be interesting to see when they come out with next next plug-in if it is X compatible right away
The Morgan that just came out I don’t believe is ?
Which seems like and odd strategy? Let’s invest time to make new plugins and then have to rework them so they fit in QC, would it not be more beneficial to only release X comp plugins going fwd so you don’t have to rework them ?

It will be interesting to see when they come out with next next plug-in if it is X compatible right away
The Morgan that just came out I don’t believe is ?
Which seems like and odd strategy? Let’s invest time to make new plugins and then have to rework them so they fit in QC, would it not be more beneficial to only release X comp plugins going fwd so you don’t have to rework them ?
As I understand it, only the "X" plugins are compatible. Making all new plugins X compatible at launch would probably take a lot of time (let's face it, there are two X plugins out after how many years?) and delay the launch -> no cigars for Doug because money is not being made.

Back