I was wrong about the QC

As I understand it, only the "X" plugins are compatible. Making all new plugins X compatible at launch would probably take a lot of time (let's face it, there are two X plugins out after how many years?) and delay the launch -> no cigars for Doug because money is not being made.
"Will future plugins be immediately compatible with Quad Cortex?

Not necessarily. Some plugin features take a long time to implement on Quad Cortex, and we do not wish to delay the launch of a plugin until it is fully compatible with Quad Cortex"

Correct

"Will future plugins be immediately compatible with Quad Cortex?

Not necessarily. Some plugin features take a long time to implement on Quad Cortex, and we do not wish to delay the launch of a plugin until it is fully compatible with Quad Cortex"

Correct
I don’t get building a product that you need to be compatible with the QC and then having to go back and redo it seems like a horrible game plan
If you build it right the first time it would save them a ton of time in the end and more sales as QC owners would be able to have access to whatever they wanted to purchase

I don’t get building a product that you need to be compatible with the QC and then having to go back and redo it seems like a horrible game plan
If you build it right the first time it would save them a ton of time in the end and more sales as QC owners would be able to have access to whatever they wanted to purchase
I wouldn't try and make sense of what they do or say lol

We're talking digital modelers, right?

:rofl :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
I believe he is referring to the plugin infrastructure. One would think since they are redoing the old ones to be QC compatible that they have "cracked the code" so to speak.

It would make sense to now make all new plugin releases QC compatible since you know how to now.....that way you won't have to backtrack. Seems like their current method is just doubling up the work when it doesn't need to.

All this is if you were asking a serious non sarcastic question 🤣

Irregardless.
The thought of any company releasing a digital product that's "right the first time" cracked my funny bone pretty hard.
They didn't.

All their old plugins were not QC compatible. That was the first time and it was done "incorrectly". Per NDSP, they had to go back and reformat the old plugins to be compatible with the QC, hence the "X" in the revamped ones.

Now that they know how to edit/create plugins that run on the QC (which wasn't the case until about 7 months ago) why wouldn't they use this new method to make the yet to come plugins also QC compatible at launch. It honestly doesn't seem to make sense. Now your team will have to make the plugin and then go back and redo the plugin to make it QC compatible. Why not just make the plugin QC compatible to start?

Not sure why that's a crazy question 🤣

Think you're missing the point.
Digital products by nature get released prematurely and then bugs and quirks are fixed via 'updates'.

DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME is hilarious in context.
I don't think I'm the one missing the point of this discussion.

As much as you are tired of people "hating" on NDSP. Im tired of even the simplest and warranted questions being made to seem like people are asking why my QC doesn't make me breakfast in the morning.

But I'll stop there. I absolutely do not feel like another 10 plus pages argument

I don't think I'm the one missing the point of this discussion.

No. You missed the point of my single post that was trying to add some levity. No need to get all snarky dude.

I could give two flying fucks about what gear people like or dislike. I'm here mostly for the laughs.

464c40e1-b9ad-47dc-99a6-0296dba934b0_text.gif

Think you're missing the point.
Digital products by nature get released prematurely and then bugs and quirks are fixed via 'updates'.

Um, no, not by nature. A lot of products do this nowadays, but only because people put up with it somehow. See f.ex. videogames.

A lot of digital music products get very stable releases. Bugs are unavoidable, yes, but not because releases are rushed through the gates.

Back