I was wrong about the QC

I'm kind of middle of the road on this one. If I thought NDSP were indeed clubbing seals, or had kids working in sweatshops, I almost certainly would have foregone purchase of a QC. (I'll admit I hesitated to order from Sweetwater for political reasons I'll leave be... and I'll admit I caved because they were the only game in town.) And for what it's worth, I think some of what @Mongillo19 describes are legitimately serious offenses.
Yeah, agree. Like I said: how big a sin that is is for you to decide. I don't care much about most of what has gone down, TBH; but I totally get why it has put off some.

By all means vote with your wallet, I don't begrudge anyone disliking the manufacturer and deciding they are not going to hand them any $$ ever again.

That said, the QC is a legit contender at this point as a product; but if you were to listen here you'd think it was a POS because folks unnecessarily slag the product at every opportunity because of other issues (i.e. beefs they have with the maker not the unit). So the dynamic in this forum is a little disingenuous. IMHO.

My original response was to @Jarick who is like, "I don't get it, QC is pretty great but everyone here is talking like it 'sucks'?"

_3c64eecf-a153-4d46-9e81-995ba94a90d2.jpg

Counterpoint, I like to use expression pedals with my left foot, so all the devices with expressions on the right are backwards to me. I much prefer separate expressions.

Oh you bring up a good point though, I don't think there's line vs instrument output level switching in the QC. So when I run line into my MOTU interface, the levels are always low. I can raise the output level, but then it goes into the red. Doesn't sound bad but I feel like I shouldn't do that. And the line in on my MOTU doesn't have a level adjustment, so it's just stuck being low output. That's a really weird oversight.
Sorry your feet are on backwards or something.

That one little thing right there with the levels at the outputs is enough to kill any leftover interest I might have had, honestly.

That one little thing right there with the levels at the outputs is enough to kill any leftover interest I might have had, honestly.
Not exactly a twist ending LOL.

Pretty sure the absence of a line/instr level switch can be addressed through use of the gain knob, but Jarick can correct me if I'm wrong. Digital Igloo once recommended the exact same technique when I brought up the absence of independent switches for sends and returns on Helix.

Yeah, again I'm not holding my breath for either, but I feel like it would be easier for NDSP to close the gap with a bunch of new amp and effects blocks than it would be for FAS to redesign their hardware and OS to achieve parity in terms of UI/UX.

Agree 100%. Which I why I still remain somewhat optimistic for the QC. (Ya know me, the eternal optimist :ROFLMAO: )

Disclaimer:
Acceptance that some love it as-is and future development is not considered as important to some, in any or all areas.. YMMV. All that.

Not exactly a twist ending LOL.

Pretty sure the absence of a line/instr level switch can be addressed through use of the gain knob, but Jarick can correct me if I'm wrong. Digital Igloo once recommended the exact same technique when I brought up the absence of independent switches for sends and returns on Helix.
Send/returns I could manage per preset. I need to be able to drop this thing into an IEM/DI to FOH/stage monitor rig for multiple projects so not being able to send my XLRs at mic level and my 1/4” at line with a volume control would be more hassle than I’d be willing to deal with just to mess around with a new platform.

Send/returns I could manage per preset. I need to be able to drop this thing into an IEM/DI to FOH/stage monitor rig for multiple projects so not being able to send my XLRs at mic level and my 1/4” at line with a volume control would be more hassle than I’d be willing to deal with just to mess around with a new platform.
I'm not sure what I wrote to suggest this wouldn't be possible, but if you're a touring professional, I wouldn't encourage you to fix what ain't broke (i.e. "mess with a new platform") one way or the other.

Whatever this is, it has nothing to do with anyone being passionate about gear. Pretty much everyone on this board has already earned those stripes.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I don’t continuously spend money on this forum and deal with the headaches because I have a mild interest in gear.

Anyone can go to TOP and look up all RevDrucifer’s posts from around the QC launch to see what I was saying 3 years ago, it’ll all look something like “I’m passionate about gear and don’t want to see it turn into a trend like it did with video games where we pay full price on release then get updates trickled down until the full game is, hopefully, developed”

And it’s not some dumbass “My brand is better” thing, it’s a “I know what it’s like to save every fucking dime for nearly decade before I could afford to own one of these things and think it’s absolute bullshit if some person out there did the same thing and got delivered anything less than what they were expecting while getting yanked around by empty promises and an inability to deliver” And those people do exist on NDSP’s Unity forums.

And since then we’ve seen other devices get released not fully finished but the companies certainly take full price for them. ToneX needed a bunch of work before people were content (are they yet?), the TMP is still waiting on updates, hell, the TC 2290 pedal only has the OG 2290 manual for it!

I’ve also backed off shitting on NDSP as much in the last couple months, if they pull off this 3.0 update, good for them but more importantly, good for their customers who have been waiting on that shit for 3 years after “the most powerful floor modeler on the planet…..that no one programmed”

Maybe they’ve put one out since, but Henning Pauly’s video on it was pretty fucking hilarious because he shit all over TC the entire time, despite being one of the guys TC consulted on the pedal before release. :rofl
That’s just plain laziness. They must have wanted it out to market ASAP I’m guessing.

This shit doesn't really show up in conversations anymore. This was the first time I considered selling the QC. Blatantly lying about something like this in their statement shows how they act as a company. Trying to sweep things under the rug so that they don't look bad. They were told about the vulnerability long before this. They did nothing about it until forced to. I was expecting for them to be transparent and apologize for fucking up, but instead they just lied. 🤷
Screenshot_20240405-052605.jpg

https://neuraldsp.com/quad-cortex-updates/statement-regarding-a-quad-cortex-security-vulnerability

Back