Atomic Tonocracy (Inc NAM support)

I can't remember why at the moment but I think there is a good reason for not accepting relative paths and such. It's not super convenient if you have more than one workstation, but I was able to find my own workaround by mapping network drives so that the paths would be the same no matter which PC I'm on and that's worked great for me.

Other alternatives include encoding and embedding the files into the project file state as some plugins do but also not a great solution

Thing is, there should be a decent way to back up things for each and every plugin using external files to function.
Software sampler makers have finally realized how important this is, but modeler makers apparently haven't. As said, it's the worst with the Helix (true for both hard- and software). In case an IR is missing, the patch will be broken. HX Edit (or Helix Native) won't even tell you the name of the missing IR.
The weirdest thing being that the two major operating systems have excellent search options built in. So all it'd take is to link to them.

Lost total recall *is* a big thing. Imagine you're moving systems. Or you just want to take a project to another computer.
Some of that stuff will become incredibly laborious.

Obviously, that doesn't help as I'd still have to read and type the name manually - and once the file is found, I'd still have to show it to the player.

File management is an incredibly crucial thing with plugins (or hardware) using external files.
It's also a huge, never adressed issue in Line 6 Helix land. Their IR system is the worst in the world (in case you're missing one, there's no way to get it back unless you took notes manually beforehand).
Export your IRs when you back up your Helix and they all come out with the number of the location.

Export your IRs when you back up your Helix and they all come out with the number of the location.

I know that. But it's irrelevant (besides, the number of the location doesn't matter anymore, as soon as an IR is loaded, the Helix will find the proper one regardless of the location). I simply want to know which IR is missing in case that happens. So I can have a look whether I have it somewhere. As easy as that. And that's impossible.

Back