The Food Thread

One of the better dinners we’ve made in a while. Everything was spot on.

IMG_9475.jpg

IMG_9479.jpg
Looks like it could be good. You didn't show the money shot though so I can't really tell. I need the cross section to see how well done it is. :p

Gonna be well hydrated and absolutely sick of coconuts after this weekend-

IMG_5966.jpeg

We’ve got a ton of palm trees around the campus, while technically I should have these taken down the second they’re bigger than a baseball, I try to let ‘em fatten up a bit so we can enjoy them. We got about 800lbs of coconuts this time around!

Gonna be well hydrated and absolutely sick of coconuts after this weekend-

View attachment 19351

We’ve got a ton of palm trees around the campus, while technically I should have these taken down the second they’re bigger than a baseball, I try to let ‘em fatten up a bit so we can enjoy them. We got about 800lbs of coconuts this time around!
The more rum you add the less you will get sick of them. :)

Semi quasi-pho the lazy and cheap way.

pho1.jpg

Chicken, apple, bell pepper, celery, onion, and ginger. Salt and pepper well then bake
at a high temp until the chicken is just cooked. Shred the cooked chicken and then dump
the roasted fruit/veggies in a pot of seasoned chicken stock - simmer for a couple hours,
drain, then toss in some chopped cilantro.

pho2.jpg

pho3.jpg

pho4.jpg

DO NOT add the shredded chicken to the simmering broth, it'll get overcooked!

Cook the pasta Al Dente then immediately rinse under cold water so it don't mush.

pho5.jpg

Steaming broth along with chicken and noodles and your favorite trimmings.

pho6.jpg

It lacks the crazy depth of the real stuff but it's really good and close enough
if you're on the cheap. Use to make this a lot when my son lived at home.

Back