I haz no power

SillyOctpuss

Shredder
My power supply died at a rehearsal last night. Literally just popped, there was a puff of smoke and then the smell of dead electronics filled the room.

We finished the rehearsal with my fuzz face running off a battery and the reverb on my jvm and honestly it wasn't too bad. Always sucks to not have delay though.

Not sure what I'm going to replace it with now, I won't need anything crazy I've only got a hx stomp and some analogue drives/fuzzes to power.

What type died?

A harley benton power plant Jr that I've had for easily 10 years now so it definitely doesn't owe me anything. I've been meaning to get a new power supply for about 8 of those years so it's my own damn fault for ignoring it for so long.

I was running the hx stomp off it's own supply and I want one unit that powers all of it now.

Cioks DC7 is a little pricey, but it's well worth it.
PXL_20240308_122357040~2.jpg

Truetone and be done with it.

Is it just me but on TOP there seems to be a pickup in the Cioks popularity. Not sure if it’s shilling or what but I thought they were overpriced for what they are.

Is it just me but on TOP there seems to be a pickup in the Cioks popularity. Not sure if it’s shilling or what but I thought they were overpriced for what they are.
They're slim and expandable, what's not to like?

Last week I powered some SA and Strymon pedalso using a USB powerbank with the CIOKS 4 Expander. I thought that was pretty cool as far as powering guitar gear goes. The 4 Expander can be added to my DC7 for extra outlets, or used on its own powered by a variety of things.

When I first got the DC7 I used it to power 2 x H9s and a Stomp XL aling with several other pedals @ 9 & 18 volts.
PXL_20230801_120259202.jpg

They're slim and expandable, what's not to like?

Last week I powered some SA and Strymon pedalso using a USB powerbank with the CIOKS 4 Expander. I thought that was pretty cool as far as powering guitar gear goes. The 4 Expander can be added to my DC7 for extra outlets, or used on its own powered by a variety of things.
Just the price ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. People can spend their money how they want tho.

The cioks does look interesting but a truetone cs6 would probably cover my needs tbh. Hx stomp, a dedicated delay, some analogue drive pedals and a tuner. Any fuzz pedals will be run off batteries.

I do like the potential for expandability if I do need more though. I definitely want to buy something quality rather than "that'll do" this time.

When I first got the DC7 I used it to power 2 x H9s and a Stomp XL aling with several other pedals @ 9 & 18 volts.
View attachment 22239

Not sure if I'll have any other high current pedals anytime soon. If I replace the stomp it will probably be with a source audio collider, I'm only using the stomp for delays and reverbs now.

Being able to run at 18v is definitely a bonus, the OCD sounds great at 18v.

Not sure if I'll have any other high current pedals anytime soon. If I replace the stomp it will probably be with a source audio collider, I'm only using the stomp for delays and reverbs now.

Being able to run at 18v is definitely a bonus, the OCD sounds great at 18v.
On that board both the RC Boost and Duke of Tone were running 18v :chef

I've had a hunt and found my ripcord and a daisy chain. My stomp can run off it's own supply, the fuzzes off batteries and the ODs and Polytune can run off the daisy chain for now.

It's not ideal but it'll keep me going until I decide what to go for and get something ordered.

Back