What's Your Dream Amp? - TGF Edition

Stoked to say I am already blessed with my dream amps. While I never considered myself a "Marshall guy", this is the best Bassman I've ever played, lol.
UJsw1xQl.jpg

Played daily since I brought it home, I'll be buried with this guy. 57 Vibrolux.
6YEdRyul.jpg
Love the small check & the
broken-in vibe around there.

I might have played the head version of that years ago.

I left thinking it was the greatest metal rhythm amp ever, but didn't like it for anything else. Too stiff and aggressive.
That’s funny. I was mostly playing funk rhythm and chicken pickin at the time.

Too stiff and aggressive.

A lot of people don't like so called "stiff" amps because they make sloppy playing sound like crap. The Pittbull series is not compressed and will not reward poor technique with making the player sound like a guitar hero.

FWIW the Sig:X and Deliverance amps are not as stiff as the Pittbull but the Sig:X definitely made me play more precisely. In that regard it helped my technique so that I sounded better no matter what amp I played through.

Some players struggle playing lead solos using stiff amps but if your chops are up to it you can sound killer and the note separation and definition of the attack allow for more expressiveness than an over compressed channel that tries to compensate for slop with gain.

This guy seems to have no problem wailing on the Sig:X.

A lot of people don't like so called "stiff" amps because they make sloppy playing sound like crap.

Sure, but some people don't like them simply because they're too tight/stiff/dry - pick your descriptor.
That video is not the best representation cause the guy is using so much ambient sauce on top.

I could easily make a Pitbull work with all my pedals included, but the dry tone was terrible - IMO.

Note: This is all based on one amp - a PB45 single 12 combo I bought new in the mid 2000s.

Note: This is all based on one amp - a PB45 single 12 combo I bought new in the mid 2000s.
I tried that amp when it came out and it didn't work for me either although it was certainly as much my fault as the amps.

But the Sig:X and Deliverance are another story.

I do use a moderate amount of reverb when playing clean and on rhythm and add delay when playing leads. I think most people add delay when playing high gain leads.

I might have played the head version of that years ago.

I left thinking it was the greatest metal rhythm amp ever, but didn't like it for anything else. Too stiff and aggressive.
And dry they are great for clinical metal but are difficult to play because of the lack of compression and saturation the deliverance I think is better

A lot of people don't like so called "stiff" amps because they make sloppy playing sound like crap. The Pittbull series is not compressed and will not reward poor technique with making the player sound like a guitar hero.

FWIW the Sig:X and Deliverance amps are not as stiff as the Pittbull but the Sig:X definitely made me play more precisely. In that regard it helped my technique so that I sounded better no matter what amp I played through.

Some players struggle playing lead solos using stiff amps but if your chops are up to it you can sound killer and the note separation and definition of the attack allow for more expressiveness than an over compressed channel that tries to compensate for slop with gain.

This guy seems to have no problem wailing on the Sig:X.

That's one of my Dream Amps. :love:love

I've owned and recorded with the Sig:X in the past. I've owned the amp three times, and I really like it. But my tastes did change slifghtly, and I sold my Sig:X in 2022. I wouldn't mind another, but they're quite hard to get in the UK. I had some weird issues with the build quality over the years too, which I've ranted about elsewhere.

Our last album was VH4 + SigX for all my guitars, and it was absolutely mega.

That wasn't the problem I had with the Pitbull. To me it just sounded like it was not good for anything but metal rhythm tones. I did not enjoy playing anything lower gain on it, I didn't enjoy its cleans either.

I've never tried the real deal, but didn't like the Fryette Deliverance model on the Axe-Fx 3 for anything else but metal rhythm.

Someone is selling a Sig X for 1000 euros here in Finland and I'm a bit tempted, but everything I've listened of that amp just doesn't vibe with what I want. Fryette does a very specific thing that you either like or don't, and I don't think they are the amps for me.

I've owned and recorded with the Sig:X in the past. I've owned the amp three times, and I really like it. But my tastes did change slifghtly, and I sold my Sig:X in 2022. I wouldn't mind another, but they're quite hard to get in the UK. I had some weird issues with the build quality over the years too, which I've ranted about elsewhere.

Our last album was VH4 + SigX for all my guitars, and it was absolutely mega.
I gigged the Sig:X with a FatBottom 2x12 for a couple of years but eventually switched over to a 1x12 combo because it was easier to transport.

The Deliverance 120 has a family resemblance to the Sig:X but with a healthy dose of NMV JCM 800 added to the mix. I really like them both and while a 100 watt full stack is more than I'm willing to lug around, when I really want to hear glorious gain tones I'll fire up one of the two and crank it.

If I was younger, playing in a Rock band and had cartage, like your dual amp VH4 + Sig: X rig I couldn't be happier gigging with my dual Fryette stacks.

33250750496_fcc4e4d539_b.jpg

I replaced my original Power Station PS-1 with a PS-100 for the D120 and added an Axe FX III and FC-12 for effects. For me it's rig that's a dream come true.

Last edited:
Back