What's An "Enforcer Track" ?

I think we've all mixed a 3rd un-effected, clean, DI guitar track in between two hard-panned crunchy guitars as well..

That can be magical.

I’ve blended that with clean stuff before but never tried with it with distorted guitars.

Reinforcer track sounds better.
giphy.gif

So it's just moar guitar
Theoretically, it's a track that was already there due to double-tracking..

You just alter the tone of it using either an EQ, or a cocked-wah pedal, and then blend it with the other track.

Theoretically, it's a track that was already there due to double-tracking..

You just alter the tone of it using either an EQ, or a cocked-wah pedal, and then blend it with the other track.
It's an often used technique. Just have to be mindful of phase issues, good or bad.

Reactions: PLX
It's an often used technique. Just have to be mindful of phase issues, good or bad.
I've been using this plugin from Waves for years now, that allows you to identify and correct phase issues between two tracks.

ki2qzOf.png

I've been using this plugin from Waves for years now, that allows you to identify and correct phase issues between two tracks.

ki2qzOf.png
You can have fun with alignment, get some cool comb filtering effects. I've always used my ears for this kind of stuff but having a plugin tool is cool too.

You can have fun with alignment, get some cool comb filtering effects. I've always used my ears for this kind of stuff but having a plugin tool is cool too.
Yeah, I first encountered slight phasing when I was using both a mic, and running a line out from my reactive load in parallel into my audio interface.

In fact.. that is exactly what's in that screenshot I posted above.

I was baffled to see a -0.31ms offset between these two signals. Funny thing was.. it was the SM-57 signal that was "behind".. not the reactive load.

Back