TwoNotes GENOME!!!

In my account I also found 5 DynIR packs, but pretty sure I didn't buy those either, in fact I have 0 orders, the only reason I'm registered on their website is that a few years ago I tried the demo of Torpedo WoS, nothing else.
Very strange... but welcome nonetheless, at least I can try this software with no expirations.

I received an updated Torpedo licence email too; but I thought it was because I _did_ buy DynIR packs back in 2015.

Not sure exactly how I qualified but It's a very nice gesture all the same, especially since it's been many years since I bought anything 🙂

I have been wanting to try NAM, but in an easily digestible format because I spend all day building software and don't want to do it when I'm playing after work! Anyway, this could be the perfect way to try out some captures.

Last edited:
I've tried it just a bit. It's not bad, and has some decent possibilities I think. Although I noticed some presets can be a little cpu taxing -- or at least not as friendly with a lower buffer setting.

update:

1706724928414.png

Ever since installing Genome, Cubase is presenting me with the infamous "too many tracks" error message, and I can't record anything.

My SSD drive is young and healthy, and the Genome VST is the only thing that changed within my machine during the last couple months, and have been recording stuff up until now, worked just fine.

I'll try and figure out if there's a connection between that and the error message. Not sure what can be done yet...

Win 8.1
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
Cubase AI5

Genome looks really nice.

But no one here was on the beta? They opened it up to the public like... years ago now?

I didn't join the beta, because that'd be sketchy—sketchy like a top Fender executive lurking around the YGG Open House we had on Tuesday. :mad:
I was on it but didn’t add anything constructive. Got busy and there was no real guidance, just here you go tell us what you think kind of stuff. At least for me. I wasn’t in the early batch to get access. Maybe they were the testers and we were the posse to shout from the bleachers when the time was right.

not wanting to rain on anyone's parade, it is such a CPU hog compared to Helix Native, S-gear, Amplitube 5, Guitar Rig and etc.

Dumb question for someone who owns 25+ tube amps, I can't figure out what these amp sims are supposed to be representing:
ElDorado
Foxy
Nifty Fifty
Aviator
Gemini

Two-Notes is funny with their metaphors, etc and I'm sure these are obvious but it's bugging me. . . Who knows?

GENOME Update 1.0.3 Is here featuring a raft of Features, Stability- and Workflow-Enhancements requested by our legion of users! So, what's included?
☑️
A Stereo Input Routing Mode has been added
☑️
A new Settings menu where animations for the STUDIO EQ & STUDIO Compressor can be disabled
☑️
DAW project loading improvements reducing project startup crashes reported by some users
☑️
Improvements to the Big Fuzz PEDAL Component when using ULTRA/MAX oversampling settings
☑️
A fix for crashes reported by some users when an invalid license package is used during offline login
☑️
A fix for crashes when a CODEX model file path contains non-Latin characters
To grab the update, download the latest installers here: https://loom.ly/uOZjxxg

Dumb question for someone who owns 25+ tube amps, I can't figure out what these amp sims are supposed to be representing:
ElDorado
Foxy
Nifty Fifty
Aviator
Gemini

Two-Notes is funny with their metaphors, etc and I'm sure these are obvious but it's bugging me. . . Who knows?
As far as I'm aware

ElDorado - Soldano
Foxy - Vox
Nifty Fifty - 5150
Aviator - unsure
Gemini - Possibly Fender?

As far as I'm aware

ElDorado - Soldano
Foxy - Vox
Nifty Fifty - 5150
Aviator - unsure
Gemini - Possibly Fender?

Fantastic job! I'm pretty sure Foundry is Fender Bassman right? So Gemini might be the old Ampeg Gemini? There's already an Ampeg (v2 or v4) so I'd be really surprised if they included 2 Ampeg models since they haven't been popular for guitar in 40+ years! Anyway, I knew they'd be pretty obvious but I was having a mental blockl. Great job :)

Fantastic job! I'm pretty sure Foundry is Fender Bassman right? So Gemini might be the old Ampeg Gemini? There's already an Ampeg (v2 or v4) so I'd be really surprised if they included 2 Ampeg models since they haven't been popular for guitar in 40+ years! Anyway, I knew they'd be pretty obvious but I was having a mental blockl. Great job :)
https://www.two-notes.com/en/whats-included-with-genome/
The link above shows the amps that are included along with the graphic that represents them. Someone might be able to guess better than I can some of those others like the Gemini?

ElDorado
Foxy
Nifty Fifty
Aviator
Gemini

ElDorado - Soldano
Foxy - Vox
Nifty Fifty - 5150
Aviator - Ampeg cus B15? Ashdown cus logo? Aguilar cus another A?
Gemini - MB Lone Star

I've played around with Genome, but I've not been loving it. The high gain tones haven't been hitting for me. Anyone else feeling that way, or am I crazy?

I've played around with Genome, but I've not been loving it. The high gain tones haven't been hitting for me. Anyone else feeling that way, or am I crazy?
I feel like I've gotten decent tones out of some the high gainers. I've been using the Mark V amp boosted with the tubescreamer for jamming along to some Dream Theater this week.

Ah they already have an Ampeg with the Peggy. Then Aviator being Ashdown with the logo is my guess.
https://www.two-notes.com/en/whats-included-with-genome/
The link above shows the amps that are included along with the graphic that represents them. Someone might be able to guess better than I can some of those others like the Gemini?
Gemini, constellation, stars, Lone Star.

Their latest two Opus amp models (Flatback & Gemini) both seem like Mesa Boogies to me.
Flatback, flatbed, diamond plate, Rectifier?

Last edited:
Originally I watched Michael Nielsen's video and I pretty much emulated what he did with the EQs. It works for me. I like the Marshall thing though.

Can't say I'm digging the amp models either, just feel like a league or two behind the pack. I really hoped they'd be top quality but I think the main focus on the plugin is integrating their cabs with various effects and some sims, rather than being amp model driven. Usually I'd be doing amp comparison videos with this sort of thing but I'd really struggle to get these sounding anything like the real deal.

The hi-gain tones are not very good compared to many other programs I have. You have to crank the input in Genome on my system get any semblance of the real hi-gain sounds that the amps actually produce, then they're ok. They match well with the pedals to produce higher gain. I won't go into which programs I like more, etc, but yea, you're not crazy

Ah they already have an Ampeg with the Peggy. Then Aviator being Ashdown with the logo is my guess.

Gemini, constellation, stars, Lone Star.

Their latest two Opus amp models (Flatback & Gemini) both seem like Mesa Boogies to me.

That's great logic re: the "Lone Star' :) It seems to be either an Ampeg Gemini, or BF Bassman to me but neither really makes sense, so maybe Lone Star, but it doesn't sound like either . I definitely know flatback= mesa and Peggy = Ampeg. . Good call on the Ashdown :)

Back