Red Vinter - 2023 demo

Speaking of my life in the 80s, my first band was a speed metal cover band where our schtick was to take thrash and speed metal songs and play them faster than the originals. So, natch, we played Angel of Death faster than Slayer.

What does this have to do with your post?

Well, my personal schtick was being the loudest singer in the DC area at the time. Combine that scream, with way too much teenage testosterone and adrenalin, speed (possibly copious amounts of alcohol) and sheer volume and at one gig I burst a bunch of the blood vessels under my eyes belting out that scream. To this day I look permanently tired due to the dark spots under my eyes. 🤣 \M/!
I’m a child of the 60’s lol
Teen years were 70’s a slightly different mindset to music but…
I can appreciate speed metal/thrash !!!
Rock on brother
Love what you do!
Especially the sludgy- doom type groove you capture.

I'd be lying if I said I haven't eyeballed the Tom Araya sig LTD bass more than once... 🤣

original.png

Don't dig the pentagram inlays though... or the silly 12th fret marker LTD does.

@Iron1 .
I've listened to the album 3 times now. I guess I should buy it... :sofa:rofl
I will.:grin

Well done! It's cool to hear the familiar riffs you did in the challenge threads -- but now with vocals. "Insurgent" and "Armor Up" are my current favorites but they're all great.

@Iron1 .
I've listened to the album 3 times now. I guess I should buy it... :sofa:rofl
I will.:grin

Well done! It's cool to hear the familiar riffs you did in the challenge threads -- but now with vocals. "Insurgent" and "Armor Up" are my current favorites but they're all great.
Thank you sir! Really appreciate your support, friendship and all that. Just don't tell @megametal7

Thank you sir! Really appreciate your support, friendship and all that.
Of course! Hope the music and demo album lead to something cool. (y)

It's inspiring me to work up something based mainly off my challenge entries with some reworks. Not sure I'd want to get into the band thing now, but you never know.

Big thanks to everyone here who supported/encouraged/razzed me into getting this going. This demo wouldn't exist in its current form without TGF. Many of the songs originated as Do Something Challenge entries, the "lead" on Insurgent was written after taking input from many on here and the cover dress dialed in with input from TGFers as well. (Does TGFers stand for Those Gear F@$kers?)

Anyway, I know this style isn't everyone's cup of tea, but wanted to post it here first anyway. Thanks to all those who helped!

Red Vinter: We Built Our Own Death Machine (demo 2023)
@sleewell ^^^

Back