Red Vinter - 2023 demo

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Big thanks to everyone here who supported/encouraged/razzed me into getting this going. This demo wouldn't exist in its current form without TGF. Many of the songs originated as Do Something Challenge entries, the "lead" on Insurgent was written after taking input from many on here and the cover dress dialed in with input from TGFers as well. (Does TGFers stand for Those Gear F@$kers?)

Anyway, I know this style isn't everyone's cup of tea, but wanted to post it here first anyway. Thanks to all those who helped!

Red Vinter: We Built Our Own Death Machine (demo 2023)

Awesome that you got this out the door Champion! Maybe this is "why you are still alive"!! Don't exit through the nearest cemetery quite yet, more work to do!!! Congratulations and keep on rockin' ;~))

Thanks for all the love guys!

Curious, can anyone see the “back cover”?

Interesting. I uploaded it, but don’t see it when I look either. Will have to check that out tomorrow.

Interesting. I uploaded it, but don’t see it when I look either. Will have to check that out tomorrow.
I don't even see a place to upload a second image in Bandcamp. When I go into any of my released music, there is only one spot to upload a photo and it does not allow multiples best I can tell. Take a print screen to show where that is being done, I am curious. PM it to me if you are comfortable doing so!

Well I listened to it on my Hi-fi as all music should be listened too (not on a phone or shitty PC speakers)
I love it Mike thats some great tunes, you def doing the brootz :) I also heard on the 2nd track some influence from Trouble (the Tempter)
My Fav track because there always is K.I.A
and also going to purchase the entire album
As I say there is so much talent here on TGF

Cheers

I don't even see a place to upload a second image in Bandcamp. When I go into any of my released music, there is only one spot to upload a photo and it does not allow multiples best I can tell. Take a print screen to show where that is being done, I am curious. PM it to me if you are comfortable doing so!
fbTX4XV.png

Maybe I'm doing something wrong... or maybe it's just something that people get when they buy the "album"?

Well I listened to it on my Hi-fi as all music should be listened too (not on a phone or shitty PC speakers)
I love it Mike thats some great tunes, you def doing the brootz :) I also heard on the 2nd track some influence from Trouble (the Tempter)
My Fav track because there always is K.I.A
and also going to purchase the entire album
As I say there is so much talent here on TGF

Cheers
Thanks brutha! There's definitely some Trouble and The Skull influence in there. I've been listening to The Tempter since it debuted on whatever compilation record that it came out on back in the early/mid-80s.

And, bolded your last comment in total agreement. Someone with the vision and capital to do the next big music thing could easily mine this forum for an almost unending supply of new material.

fbTX4XV.png

Maybe I'm doing something wrong... or maybe it's just something that people get when they buy the "album"?
OK, figured it out. Here is the skinny from Bandcamp on bonus items (exec summary - bonus items will be included in album purchases, for others they are ghosts):

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
What are bonus download items and how do I use them?

Bonus download items are media you can add to your digital album that will be included automatically in the zip file when a fan downloads your album. You can add PDF booklets, tabs, sheet music, videos, alternate art, pretty much whatever goodies you like, and we include them in the album’s zip file. Here are all the file types we support.

We automatically include your cover art in the zip (in the original size you uploaded), so no need to add that separately (unless you’re looking to include an even larger size).

To add a bonus download item, visit the album editor and look for the "add bonus item" link.

Please note: it’s not possible to add bonus download items to standalone tracks.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was looking at my singles releases and was going "geez, where is the bonus item stuff". And then I remembered that I had included a bonus item track with my last album release so I was sure I had used this feature. But as you read from the above, singles are not allowed "bonus" items and nobody is seein' these items unless they buy the album. So there it is!!!

Speaking of my life in the 80s, my first band was a speed metal cover band where our schtick was to take thrash and speed metal songs and play them faster than the originals. So, natch, we played Angel of Death faster than Slayer.

What does this have to do with your post?

Well, my personal schtick was being the loudest singer in the DC area at the time. Combine that scream, with way too much teenage testosterone and adrenalin, speed (possibly copious amounts of alcohol) and sheer volume and at one gig I burst a bunch of the blood vessels under my eyes belting out that scream. To this day I look permanently tired due to the dark spots under my eyes. 🤣 \M/!

Back