Plexi vs DSL comparison

I thought the origins for $500 would have taken off a lot more than they did, I’m kind of thinking they almost made them too cheap and guys didn’t take them seriously

I thought the origins for $500 would have taken off a lot more than they did, I’m kind of thinking they almost made them too cheap and guys didn’t take them seriously
I semi-remember reading a bunch of vague "stuff" about them and not being interested at the time? I looked into the 2x12 cabs becuase I thought they looked nice but saw they were fairly cheap MDF iirc as well and that kind of cemented the idea of it being a budget line of amps. Whether or not any of that is actually true or not?

I liked his channel for about 5 minutes then he went into "let's buy every $10 modeler released" combined with the "this channel needs to change thing" and I was out.

I'm always thinking metal :chef:grin:rofl

It's a weird amp. It definitely needs help whether or not you are gaining it up. The tilt helped a lot but it kinda reminded me of the MA series.

I semi-remember reading a bunch of vague "stuff" about them and not being interested at the time? I looked into the 2x12 cabs becuase I thought they looked nice but saw they were fairly cheap MDF iirc as well and that kind of cemented the idea of it being a budget line of amps. Whether or not any of that is actually true or not?

i honestly didnt even know they had matching cabs but they look sexy.

iu

iu

yeah true. This is a 1987x. Here in the US it sells for $3k. The current DSL sells for $1300 (I think).

The older ones like this and the 2000s are more like $700-800 in the used market. So yes, they're a crazy good value.
Intetesting Here in Germany DSL 800, 1987x 1500, 1959hw 2000

I’m with Paisley here, the Origin and DSL couldn’t sound any more different imo. Origin is a mid gain amp, at best, even if slammed with an OD. The DSL can gallop into the darkside with ease.

I think the Origin would be a pretty cool pedal platform. I played it a couple times in the shop and got some pretty good clean to cleanish tones. I hit it with a Riverside for the gainz though, as simply hitting it with level from an OD doesn’t get it there for modern gain toanz.

Last edited:
I’m with Paisley here, the Origin and DSL couldn’t sound any more different imo. Origin is a mid gain amp at best slammed with an OD. The DSL can gallop into the darkside with ease.

I think the Origin would be a pretty cool pedal platform. I played it a couple times in the shop and got some pretty good clean to cleanish tones. I hit it with a Riverside for the gainz though, as simply hitting it with level from an OD doesn’t get it there for modern gain I
I’d do a comparison video right now, but I’ve only got my iPhone with me……..

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Back