Line 6 POD Express

@Digital Igloo be like:

Rolling Pay Day GIF by G2 Esports

Alright, so after Mail Innovations innovated a two-day-delivery-delay (overdramatic) for me, I finally have the POD Express. I've only spent a half hour playing through it, but it's solid. I think the highest praise I can offer it is, it short circuits the complications of modeling. Sometimes, the complications and options they provide are precisely why you want a modeler. But this is a great no-nonsence device for those who aren't interested in the vastness of modeling. I'm just waiting for my neighbor to get home so I can blow his ever-loving mind with this thing. He loves coming over and playing with the Axe and Helix, but he doesn't dare touch them because the whole concept of what they can do is foreign to him. (And I don't mean that in an insulting way; he's just not tech savvy.) I think he will touch this. A lot.

Also, I love the plastic enclosure. It's charming.

Finally, I wholeheartedly second the double-tap-ALT suggestion of our favorite furry, @paisleywookiee .

I think the highest praise I can offer it is, it short circuits the complications of modeling. Sometimes, the complications and options they provide are precisely why you want a modeler. But this is a great no-nonsence device for those who aren't interested in the vastness of modeling.
well said… i think i am also going to try the PE once it shows up here in Sweden, might be just the right thing to get me back playing guitar again. The complications and options was a thing that i didn’t handle to well wich in the end caused me to be less creative and ultimately gave up and needed a break. All i need and want now is simple and fun. And it has my three favourite amps from Helix: litigator, cartographer and the matchless ch1. And no messing around (the key is not being able to) with deep settings. So yeah, a PE and a few pedals I have left in a drawer should hopefully find my “fun” again.

Personally I’m stoked to se they did this and without the option to load IRs. The mere possibility can totally destroy everything for me. For a long time i was thinking about the Simplifier as my only option, but the PE might just be right for me.

well said… i think i am also going to try the PE once it shows up here in Sweden, might be just the right thing to get me back playing guitar again. The complications and options was a thing that i didn’t handle to well wich in the end caused me to be less creative and ultimately gave up and needed a break. All i need and want now is simple and fun. And it has my three favourite amps from Helix: litigator, cartographer and the matchless ch1. And no messing around (the key is not being able to) with deep settings. So yeah, a PE and a few pedals I have left in a drawer should hopefully find my “fun” again.

Personally I’m stoked to se they did this and without the option to load IRs. The mere possibility can totally destroy everything for me. For a long time i was thinking about the Simplifier as my only option, but the PE might just be right for me.
I just lost an hour on the Special (Litigator) model. I left it at stock settings and added some Boost. Then I configured the ON switch to activate/deactivate the Boost. That's an easy clean, crunch-ish, and overdrive.

Back