If I heard you play which 3 players would I be reminded of?

TT was the first guy that popped into my head. Weird to see him clean shaven in that old pic!

Tommy-Tedesco-05.jpg

I remember his monthly column in Guitar Player and never knowing WTF he was going on about.

I still read them religiously. Like some kind of light would go on amidst the :idk

You, too, Carl Verheyen. :grin

Last edited:
I do actually appreciate that, thank you.

I think my constant state of “eh” keeps a bit of a fire under my ass.

I am reading an EVH Bio right now and man, that dude dashes compliments
left and right, and is the most self-effacing guy, who also happened to revolutionize
the art of playing electric guitar. How is that possible? :idk

He really only wanted his Dad's approval. Gave no fucks about what anyone else
actually thought about his playing.

Great book so far. It was like his desire and ambition and genius were all interwoven
with this tremendous sense of inadequacy and humility that kept him going.

Fire indeed! Have to stoke it, right? :beer

Last edited:
I am not going to partake in the TGP'ing of Al here for him simply getting what he can
get, and also providing an experience for a select few who can afford it.

Good for him, I say! :beer

Musicians have gotten their asses handed to them for years in an financial sense. He's
about as far as you can get from being the engine of greed behind the madness. :idk

The standard of everyone getting paid in the industry except the artists is still in play.
Maybe moreso than ever before. Or same as ever before. Just in a new streaming new dress.

All in good fun, I take it. But still. Good on Al!! He's more than earned whatever status he
has.

You go, Al!

:chef

jim henson chef GIF

:rofl

Last edited:
I am not going to partake in the TGP'ing of Al here for him simply getting what he can
get, and also providing an experience for a select few who can afford it.

Good for him, I say! :beer

Musicians have gotten their asses handed to them for years in an financial sense. He's
about as far as you can get from being the engine of greed behind the madness. :idk

The standard of everyone getting paid in the industry except the artists is still in play.
Maybe moreso than ever before. Or same as ever before. Just in a new streaming new dress.

All in good fun, I take it. But still. Good on Al!! He's more than earned whatever status he
has.

You go, Al!

:chef

jim henson chef GIF

:rofl
Heck, I'd do the same if I were Al. :rofl

I am reading an EVH Bio right now and man, that dude dashes compliments
left and right, and is the most self-effacing guy, who also happened to revolutionize
the art of playing electric guitar. How is that possible? :idk

He really only wanted his Dad's approval. Gave no fucks about what anyone else
actually thought about his playing.

Great book so far. It was like his desire and ambition and genius were all interwoven
with this tremendous sense of inadequacy and humility that kept him going.

Fire indeed! Have to stoke it, right? :beer

Hahahahhahha well there's one thing I can say I have in common with EVH. :rofl

I stopped sending my dad my music after one of the more 'involved' tunes I wrote last year, that Ryche sounding one that I knowtheresnowayhewouldntfuckingdigthefuckingsongifheactuallyfuckinglistenedtofhefuckingthingforeventwofuckingminutes and he replied "I'm starting a youtube channel of me playing drum covers on my pillows"

Like when I showed him the cooling tower pics from last weekend, "Oh the county did bigger jobs than that when I was there"........he was the network/computer guy. :banana

Favorite musicians are Allan Holdsworth (can't say i comprehend everything he does, but he had an interesting vision that he pursued relentlessly), Steve Vai (Greenish Blues and Call It Sleep speak to me), and Charlie Parker (just about anything by him).

On a good day, I sound more like Mike Campbell ("when you can't think of anything to play as a solo, playing the melody isn't a bad idea"), Pete Anderson on the second day he owned a guitar, or some mediocre fusion player. Just trying to unlock the music i hear in my head; sometime I hit and it's like flying, and on bad days i've learned to put the guitar down gently and concede that today is not a day to try to play music. I'm getting better at not taking out the bad days on myself too harshly. Maybe tomorrow I won't suck quite so badly...

Hahahahhahha well there's one thing I can say I have in common with EVH. :rofl

I stopped sending my dad my music after one of the more 'involved' tunes I wrote last year, that Ryche sounding one that I knowtheresnowayhewouldntfuckingdigthefuckingsongifheactuallyfuckinglistenedtofhefuckingthingforeventwofuckingminutes and he replied "I'm starting a youtube channel of me playing drum covers on my pillows"

Like when I showed him the cooling tower pics from last weekend, "Oh the county did bigger jobs than that when I was there"........he was the network/computer guy. :banana

WTF???

Man, what a bummer. :hmm

I am proud of you, Drew! It's badass what you have done. :beer

WTF???

Man, what a bummer. :hmm

I am proud of you, Drew! It's badass what you have done. :beer

That’s dad for ya!

I’m thankful for it mostly, I’m quite aware that the way I play now is largely based off trying to impress him when I first started and didn’t stop trying to impress him until my late 20’s. It WOULD be nice on occasion to get some acknowledgement for anything, but I also have to exist in reality so I don’t hold out for it. :rofl

Hear ya there. Smart. We can be tormented and pathological about it all, or just accept that
the kind of juice we get from some people in our lives is the kind of juice we get. :idk Then
we can determine whether or not it is healthy for us to drink it, and in what quantities.

Back