BE Deluxe 100w mod with Dave Video

It really depends on the amp etc.
I had several Friedmans but in my humble opinion the 100 Deluxe can nail almost every sound of the others. The JEL is more like a hot rodded 800.
The Phil X is probably the Friedman with the rawest sound and the SS100 V2 is very percussive.
The good thing about Friedman is that Dave will tailor you amp exactly what sound you are after.
When I ordered my first BE100 Deluxe (from Germany) I contacted Dave before and he did some mods for free before the amp was shipped overseas.

I also had the Fractal AXE 3 and I was not able to get a sound similar to my BE 100 Deluxe. The Deluxe can get really nasty with a fizzy top end if you want.
There was a beta firmware in the Axe with a BE 100 Deluxe but it was removed by Cliff in later versions.

But at the end, sound is always subjective and there are so many amps around that everyonuxan be happy.
I've owned everyone you mentioned except the SS. Additionally, I have owned both the JJ 100 and the jr
Both JEL's with videos on all. The JEL 100w ch2 was a huge disappointment with none of the Marshall kerrang. It made me work really hard for pinch harmonics whereas the HBE un boosted does not.
The Phil was the darkest and biggest disappointment. He must boost the crap out of it and has an aggro attack

Here are a few of my Friedman and Slo demos

Smallbox was most raw but the MV hits hard and fast (on the old ones) -most ear fatigue for sure

PT v 2

PT v1

JJ 100 -my very first Friedman. I had to use a Koko mid boost or Buxom to make it work

Phil X -of all the one I sold the fastest

And for @la szum for what you describe if you never tried one this will crush all your Marshalls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0hbiZa2Fj0

I've owned everyone you mentioned except the SS. Additionally, I have owned both the JJ 100 and the jr
Both JEL's with videos on all. The JEL 100w ch2 was a huge disappointment with none of the Marshall kerrang. It made me work really hard for pinch harmonics whereas the HBE un boosted does not.
The Phil was the darkest and biggest disappointment. He must boost the crap out of it and has an aggro attack

Here are a few of my Friedman and Slo demos

Smallbox was most raw but the MV hits hard and fast (on the old ones) -most ear fatigue for sure

PT v 2

PT v1

JJ 100 -my very first Friedman. I had to use a Koko mid boost or Buxom to make it work

Phil X -of all the one I sold the fastest

And for @la szum for what you describe if you never tried one this will crush all your Marshalls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0hbiZa2Fj0

Yeah it all comes down to personal taste.
I owned several Friedman Amps too and I clearly prefer the BE 100 Deluxe, it does it all.
I had a SLO (one of the old ones) too but I could never bond with it, I think that it was because the SLO was very picky about the right cab.

One of my other favorites was my Steavens Poundcake.
An amazing amp, sadly the company doesn’t exist anymore. I know Bernd Stephan the founder of Steavens and I talked a lot with him.
My Poundcake was a Custom Order but it was destroyed in the flooding too.

Think about how many Marshall's have been improved just by adding or subtracting a few micro-farads from the treble bleed cap!
Oh you betcha! Get it??? :ROFLMAO: Fargo

The deal killer for me with Marshall is I need 3 channels and the newer ones seem so cheap. Most cork sniffers agree the new ones don't sound the same

Back