HELLO?!

There are a TON of killer models in the Solar line-up. This explorer is NUTS but I also love the t-style grandpa guitars :love This finish combination is one of my favorites. And really not what you would expect out of a "metal" guitar line
20210812090147-T1.6A-NAT20-20DETAIL.png

I can totally see Devin Townsend rocking one of these, I think he’s been playing a Kiesel Tele recently.

I can totally see Devin Townsend rocking one of these, I think he’s been playing a Kiesel Tele recently.
That color combo is one I always come back to, specifically in tele (style) land. The Springsteen finish of weird yellow-ish/butterwtfscotch "natural" is super gross to me. THIS is what I want out of a natural finish tele. I LOVE it.

That color combo is one I always come back to, specifically in tele (style) land. The Springsteen finish of weird yellow-ish/butterwtfscotch "natural" is super gross to me. THIS is what I want out of a natural finish tele. I LOVE it.

Hahahaha the *only* reason I dig the butterscotch Tele’s is…..take a wild guess…

7727ff3f43f093051582c319f7d2a0ae.jpg

Always dug this pic, even though it shows his manboobs, from when they got rained out in Texas, the ‘Rain Like Hell’ show.

EyNr_LAWEAQ6a43.jpg

Hahahaha the *only* reason I dig the butterscotch Tele’s is…..take a wild guess…

7727ff3f43f093051582c319f7d2a0ae.jpg
Seriously; there are like 5 "shades" to this convo though. In that pic; you see the grain. In the Ola guitar; it's all natural with 0 butterscotching. The Springsteen vibe is like 100% light butterscotch and just gross af to me.

Seriously; there are like 5 "shades" to this convo though. In that pic; you see the grain. In the Ola guitar; it's all natural with 0 butterscotching. The Springsteen vibe is like 100% light butterscotch and just gross af to me.

I agreed with ya there, the all-butterscotch looks like some clearcoated some baby food onto it.

I couldn’t have spec’d out a better chug factory than this thing; you want to chug on this like a college freshman at their first keg party. It’s not a light guitar by any means and I love it, I don’t get into the tonal aspects of guitar weight and find that stuff to be a bit silly, but when you put it on the weight of it just makes you want to play heavy sh*t. Super comfy medium C neck. This was actually a B-stock with what was listed as a “dent” on the front of the guitar. It took me 5 minutes to find it when it showed up and actually, it’s on the face of the guitar…you can’t even see it, it’d take me 5 minutes to find it again.

This absolutely will not be my only Solar. A baritone or the 7-string with the Sustainer will be next and when I eventually put together an original metal band I’ll only be using Solars for it. They took over where Ibanez jumped shipped, IMO. The quality of this thing is on par with any MIJ Ibanez I’ve ever played and that includes J-Customs and Prestiges. Absolutely flawless fretwork and it’s built like a tank.

View attachment 2437

Those fret edges are :chef

There are a TON of killer models in the Solar line-up. This explorer is NUTS but I also love the t-style grandpa guitars :love This finish combination is one of my favorites. And really not what you would expect out of a "metal" guitar line
20210812090147-T1.6A-NAT20-20DETAIL.png
Wow! Look at that! Would love me some grandpa guitar in a Solar twist! This color looks like it could have come from about everyone’s Swedish grandparents kitchen table. Hail the dark ages of pine furniture!

Not a Tele fan at all. But the combination of a slightly pointier Tele body and that metal-as-fvck Solar headstock… yummy! But why do all these modern metal guitars don‘t have proper 1-3-5-7-9-12-etc. fretboard inlays? Freaks me out.

3895570406e3e14e697f1c8c2f3eb585--david-gilmour-work-benches.jpg

I think of Esquire when I think of Gilmour Telecaster.

:sofa

For sure, that’s one of the few guitars he didn’t auction off and is long considered his favorite guitar. He had Fender make a replica of it, which was seen in the “Hey Hey” video they did for Ukraine. I remember when I was younger and saw it on the back of the About Face album and thinking “That thing looks like sh*t, why would he have such a beat up guitar?”…..and now I love beat up guitars, especially Fenders.

Not a Tele fan at all. But the combination of a slightly pointier Tele body and that metal-as-fvck Solar headstock… yummy! But why do all these modern metal guitars don‘t have proper 1-3-5-7-9-12-etc. fretboard inlays? Freaks me out.

I’m a big fan of no fret dots/markers. I never even look at them and just use the side dots, I’d have to lean over the guitar to see the fingerboard. Always cracked me up when I’d be showing another guitar player something while playing my JEM until they’d eventually say “I can’t figure out where the f*ck you’re fretting because it’s a bunch of leaves and sh*t” :rofl

Back