Fractal Talk

@dean701 You're living the dream. More is always more. The downside of that reality is that you have to load more in, set up more stuff, break more stuff down, and load more out. More, unfortunately, also means more work. Still, when it comes time to play, more is more.

Well....... I caved and ended up adding an MC8 to the mix.
Apparently more is just more.
I'm so old school that I like to see my stomp effects at all times.
FC12 = effects screen fulltime
MC8 - short press picks 8 favorite presets and selects the proper scene, - long press, another 8 favorites doing the same

View attachment 22592

and one for Lerxst.

View attachment 22610
I’d love to use my mc6 pro with my fm9 but that would require traveling with an extra power supply. How are you powering the mc8?

What are some suggestions for Performance Control parameters? Global or per-preset. For global I’m using: Gain, BMT, master, out1 level, reverb mix, delay mix, cab1 and mic for cab1. It seems like you can’t assign the mic position controls, is that right?

Filter block kevel control for solo boost. Delay and verb feedback and mix controls. Bmt, drive, presence settings in amp block. Drive block controls if you are using it to define your driven tones vs amp gain.

Hey all !

Now I'm %100 all in on my FM3 with CX3 ..... loved my Kemper with LP's but its packed, paid for and shipped out ..... but when I hear and get and feel better, I'm not going to pretend to ignore it .... always said I am totally platform agnostic and ruthless ...I'm a totally unloyal musical equipment bastard ;)

We had a very solid 3 hour louder-than-live rehearsal 2 nights ago and the FM3 + CX3 FW8 + Celestion X200 + Matrix GT800 was sublime .... but I digress......

If you have your fav. IR's and they have a whisper too much gristle on the top end and hi cut adjustments are just too imprecise .... and if you have the CPU Juice in your Preset, try the following:-

1715950833816.png

It just glues that really high-gristly-top-end together nicely ..... if you A/B back and forward, the integrity of your IR is still %100 there, but dare I say, the very high end sounds and responds a lot more like a "real" guitar speaker.

Give it a go if you have the power. If you like it, great .. if you think its sh%t, that's all good too :)

Ben

If you have your fav. IR's and they have a whisper too much gristle on the top end and hi cut adjustments are just too imprecise .... and if you have the CPU Juice in your Preset, try the following:-

That's pretty much what I do, apart from I use 50us. It's one of the reasons I moved on from the OG FM3 actually - IIRC tape preamp on high quality* used about 10% of the CPU.

Worth it though!

* Lesser quality sounds dull and crappy, so no point in using.

That's pretty much what I do, apart from I use 50us. It's one of the reasons I moved on from the OG FM3 actually - IIRC tape preamp on high quality* used about 10% of the CPU.

Worth it though!

* Lesser quality sounds dull and crappy, so no point in using.

Yeah ... it is very CPU Hungry in the High setting but very much worth it .... about +%10 on my OG FM3 ..... luckily my highest CPU Load Preset still sits around %81 with it on High so its all still good :)

Not sure what the "Danger Will Robinson" CPU Max. Load figure is, but its all still good for me in the low %80's on my OG FM3 with CX3 and FW8.

Ben

@BenIfin I should have said that I sold my FM3 over year ago before the FM3 Turbo came out and before they released all the other optimisations and gapless switching. Not wishing to be a wet blanket concerning your FM3. Enjoy it!

EDIT: You responded before I submitted this post!

@BenIfin I should have said that I sold my FM3 over year ago before the FM3 Turbo came out and before they released all the other optimisations and gapless switching. Not wishing to be a wet blanket concerning your FM3. Enjoy it!

EDIT: You responded before I submitted this post!

Not at all ! :)

Seems to me that bass sounds better than guitars at nearly every live show I have been to
in the past decade. For realz! Same with drums. :idk

Hey all !

Now I'm %100 all in on my FM3 with CX3 ..... loved my Kemper with LP's but its packed, paid for and shipped out ..... but when I hear and get and feel better, I'm not going to pretend to ignore it .... always said I am totally platform agnostic and ruthless ...I'm a totally unloyal musical equipment bastard ;)

We had a very solid 3 hour louder-than-live rehearsal 2 nights ago and the FM3 + CX3 FW8 + Celestion X200 + Matrix GT800 was sublime .... but I digress......

View attachment 22986

It just glues that really high-gristly-top-end together nicely ..... if you A/B back and forward, the integrity of your IR is still %100 there, but dare I say, the very high end sounds and responds a lot more like a "real" guitar speaker.

Give it a go if you have the power. If you like it, great .. if you think its sh%t, that's all good too :)

Ben
My Current patch im Using this , very nice, in fact i always use some sort of Preamp with all my patches ive made so far I've used the 70us, and the Vintage and the toob ones
Fractal is Voodoo Magic i tell ya

1715980511741.png

Back