Eventide H90 then???

I don't have enough for that lol. I wish though!

However I did get me 2 more H90's on the way! Soon I'll have 3.
IMG_0197.jpeg
I have mine in the tonez rack for the desk. I’d never put this in a guitar rig, though. Way overkill, 16 algos at once.

View attachment 21053I have mine in the tonez rack for the desk. I’d never put this in a guitar rig, though. Way overkill, 16 algos at once.
I’ve been eyeing up audioscape to grab pretty much every piece in your rack there. Good experiences so far?

I used to have access to a pair of vintage Urei 1176d and they sounded great on everything.

I’ve been eyeing up audioscape to grab pretty much every piece in your rack there. Good experiences so far?

I used to have access to a pair of vintage Urei 1176d and they sounded great on everything.
Chris and company over there are absolute aces and passionate about what they do. Buy with confidence and they’ll make sure you’re taken care of.

View attachment 21053I have mine in the tonez rack for the desk. I’d never put this in a guitar rig, though. Way overkill, 16 algos at once.
Did all these rack gear manufacturers make their stuff 2-3U just so they could stand out in these big racks? I can't imagine how an EQ or comp needs to take that much space, even if it was designed ages ago.

Did all these rack gear manufacturers make their stuff 2-3U just so they could stand out in these big racks? I can't imagine how an EQ or comp needs to take that much space, even if it was designed ages ago.
I’ve always chalked this up to a combination of people hearing with their eyes, but it’s not unusual for clones to copy the original circuit layouts - I guess there’s some secret mojo there or something.

The LA2A and Pultec designs are obnoxiously large.

I’ve always chalked this up to a combination of people hearing with their eyes, but it’s not unusual for clones to copy the original circuit layouts - I guess there’s some secret mojo there or something.

The LA2A and Pultec designs are obnoxiously large.
These are clones of original designs, so naturally being some of them predate transistors, the form factor will be on the larger side. The first computer took up a whole room to itself. There is a romanticism to all things of yesteryear. Audio gear not being immune to it. You can find similar offerings in 500 series format as well. Hell, we all know you can just use a plugin, too. My Maag EQ4M is only one rack space and sounds great, too. Why is a Les Paul 27 lbs? Why does the headstock angle subject itself to easy breaking? Why would anyone want a classic car? An antique anything? You get the picture.

Aside from the fact these units DO sound fantastic. If that 2A clone took up all 20 spaces, I’d still have it. Irreplaceable. But same for that G bus comp and it is only 1 rack space. That G bus gets used on EVERYTHING that comes off my desk.

same reason not all guitar amps are lunchboxes - some gear needs space to fit transformers, valves or other circuitry. Some knockoffs like Warm and Klark Teknik use surface mount components in big empty boxes though, purely because people care more that it looks correct

I love my H90's as I have 2 right now, and 3 very soon.
My dream since getting my 1st H90 when it came out is to have 3.
This way I can route left H90 into insert 1 of the middle H90 and route right H90 into insert 2 of the middle H90.
Super powerful! <3

However I really need the inserts / fx loop to be a little more flexible please if it can be done...Right now you cannot put insert 2 in front of insert 1 when they are close together anywhere in the path in series or parallel. I find this very limiting since every other modeler out there that has 2 fx loops or more is able to do it.

Also in parallel, you can put insert 1 and insert 2 sandwiched between algo A and algo B but again it's only insert 1 into insert 2, no 2 into 1... and no insert 1 and 2 on top of each other for their own parallel path which would be cool.

So if you find this is something you'd like and you really should since it makes it more flexible, then go suggest it in the eventide H90 wish list forum and make your voices heard!

Been revisiting a lot of H90 videos lately and this is another good one from when it launched with a lot of info if you're still thinking of getting the H90.

I'd love a Randomizer per algorithm. Don't even have to put it on the hardware and just make it H90 control available.

Be so fun just to be able to click the randomizer option in Algo A and it changes all the parameters in that algo to something else each time, then go over to Algo B and do the same, so much fun and so much awesomeness can be made!

Boss SY-300 had this option where you could blend patches together and it was fun and many things you can come up with doing that too.

Perhaps we could have a blender of some sort too? Hit blender option and it'll give you a random Algo A from a preset and also give you a random Algo B from another preset.

It chooses whatever is in your USER LISTS.

If you like this idea, then make your voice heard in here that you’d like these features too!

Not sure if this has been mentioned, or mentioned in this way or makes sense to anyone else lol, but I think this could be nice for more flexibility with the insert 1 and insert 2, but not sure if it's doable but requesting anyway!

For both Insert 1 and Insert 2, give us these controls
Send Level A
Send Level B
Return Level A
Return Level B
Mix Level A
Mix Level B

This way when we put a insert 1 or insert 2 before or after both algorithms A and B on a parallel path (obviously only works for parallel mode), we can control how much of the insert we want going into each algo when it's in front of the path, and how much of each algo we want going back out into the insert when it's at the end of the path.

If you like this idea or have other ideas, make your voice heard!

NEW STUFF FOR H90

H90 Release 1.8.5​

Introducing 2 new algorithms -- Aggravate & Sticky Tape

Aggravate is an octave fuzz inspired by famous classic analog octave fuzzes from the 70's. This algorithm will satisfy all your fuzz needs with its versatile controls, rich feature set and most importantly, its chewy tone that makes playing through it addicting!

Sticky Tape is a new tape algorithm based on the same emulation technology as Head Space. It opens up a world of tape tone possibilities – all the character, grit, and modulation, without the complexity of a real tape machine.

Aggravate Features​

• Screaming fuzz tone with 3 voices - Thick: off, Thick: On and Thick: MoreOn which adds a rich low end to your signal
  • Octave is based on an 'absolute value' style octave meaning that it sounds much more organic than a pitch shifted octave up
  • Envelope follower to achieve some dirty Queens-like tone. The filter can go from positive to negative envelopes and has 2 shapes, linear and exponential
  • Pump controls allow you to duck your signal on rhythm via a rate or tempo knob OR you can manually pump your signal by assigning Pump to a performance switch or an external controller
  • Tone and mid controls for the fuzz
  • Bias control to make the fuzz more 'spitty', reminiscent of a dying battery on a classic fuzz pedal

Sticky Tape Features​

• One-knob compressor based on the compression section of DBX companders found in many tape machines
  • Two tape machines with an adjustable offset to get a wide range of doubling or slap back echo effects
  • 4 different tape speeds for a variety of tone and character
  • Wow and Flutter controls which can be used to create lo-fi detuning, subtle flanging, gooey chorus, or the extreme sounds of a machine that's in desperate need of a tune-up
  • Flange performance parameters to get that classic, dramatic, studio style tape flange
  • Separate tunings of the algorithm for Bass and Guitar depending on the Instrument Type for best possible tone no matter the instrument
In addition, this release contains new software features and improvements:

Force Mono​

• Override jack-detection and output mono even when wired for stereo
  • Useful for patchbay setups or switching between mono & stereo rigs
  • Preserves stereo information as long as possible through H90 effects and inserts for all routing configurations
  • Found under System > I/O > Output Mode

Search by Favorites​

• 'Favorites' is now available as a filtering option in Programs and Presets modes
  • Use H90 Control to mark your Favorites, and then search by Favorites on the pedal

Other Improvements​

• Fixed an issue where meter LEDs had inconsistent brightness
  • Improve timing of internal MIDI bpm clock (for Looper in tempo sync)
  • Fixed a benign warning in H90 Control about missing Programs
  • Head Space tape noise reduced at lower settings
  • Allow Vintage Delay & Tape Echo algorithms to load without warping effect
  • Fixes issue with preset B when restoring from a backup
We hope you enjoy the new algorithms and features!

Back