Your favorite pedals

Overdrive:

I really like the Boss OD-2, the non-R version, but I've had 3 now and they've all been a little different. I guess they're old. My current one I've had to mod to get the sound I missed from foolishly selling the 2nd one.

Brunetti Taxi drive is amazing at all gain levels, stacks with anything and is the most flexible, good sounding overdrive/distortion I've ever used. If I ever sell it, it'll be because I've decided my days of sounding good are behind me.

Rat 2. It's great.

Fuzz:

Zoom Ultra Fuzz
DBA Supersonic Fuzz Gun
Hudson broadcast cranked

Modulation:

All modulation sounds like a slippery bag of wet dicks being poured slowly over a dying cat before flopping onto the wobbly arse cheeks of an old hag. Avoid.

Reverb:

I like reverb but not enough experience of it for a top 3.

Delay:

SDD-3000
EHX DMM 1100tt
DBA Echo Dream

Wait I've just seen the must be in production bit. Sorry.

Delay: Boss DM-2W
Modulation: Dry Bell Vibe Machine
OD: Deadweald Duality
Tuner: TC Polytune III
Reverb: N/A

Last edited:
I really got to think about this.
For Delays I dig the
-DOD Rubberneck. Analog weirdness in the best way.
-Eventide Rose. Digital delay from vanilla to outright bonkers.
Discontinued honorary mention:
Ibanez DE7 great slap, fun self oscillation madness.

Verbs:
-Vahlbruch Pipeline for all things spring. Always on for me, sits incredibly well and is just hanging unobtrusivey in the background. I don't have any heads with spring reverb.
-Meris Mercury 7. All your modern textural verb needs in one neat package.

Modulation:
I dig vibes.
I dig modulated verbs and delays more than I like chorus.
Phasers.

Not a huge Fuzz guy.
Wampler Fuzztration, works on guitar and bass. Massive tones, stand alone octave up to boot.
Okko Holy Grit. Low gain gristle I mainly use for slide.

OD:
Nordland ODR-C. Tricked out Nobels ODR-1. awesome.
Karma MTN-10. Ibanez Mostortion clone, presumably. Pu-retty amp-like distortion, stacks well, 3-band EQ.
Boss OD-3. Cheap and great.

Last edited:
Overdrive:
Traditionally I'd choose --
OD3
TS9 / Green Rhino MKIV
Rat
More recently though --
Vox Copperhead
Vox Mystic Drive
Vox Cutting Edge

Fuzz:
Fuzz Face / MXR108
BAE Hot Fuzz
BK Tube Driver (i consider the way I run them fuzz-ish)

Mod:
Fulltone MDV-3
Fulltone SupaTrem2
Voodoo Lab Wahzoo (McCoy style)

Reverb:
HoF
JHS Spring Tank

Delay:
Moog MF delay
Alter Ego (gold one)

Is this the "What do we own?" thread??

Staring George Costanza GIF

Is this the "What do we own?" thread??

Staring George Costanza GIF

:ROFLMAO:

That’s why I wanted to limit it to three per type and currently in production, so we don’t get some Excel spreadsheet dump. (Or someone’s greatest hits vs current use)

To me it's the "what's on my board thread." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah I was aiming a little closer to this, just trying to see what everyone is digging atm. Im in research mode trying to build something out myself, and it’s cool to see where there is overlap or where there is a more obscure gem.

:ROFLMAO:

That’s why I wanted to limit it to three per type and currently in production, so we don’t get some Excel spreadsheet dump. (Or someone’s greatest hits vs current use)

Yeah I was aiming a little closer to this, just trying to see what everyone is digging atm. Im in research mode trying to build something out myself, and it’s cool to see where there is overlap or where there is a more obscure gem.

That's the limitation of these kinds of things. Not that I am hipping you to any secret knowledge.
They just turn into "This is what I own now" and not necessarily what is best, or representative of
a wide range of options or possibilities. :idk

For instance, Fuzz is so vast and wide-ranging that it is hard to recommend something without
knowing if someone likes a smooth and granular fuzz, or a choppy and grainy one, or something
in between. Gated? Not gated? Muff? Bender? FF? It's just such a vast expanse of totally different
vibes and varieties.

Same with Delay. Digital? Analog? Something that models both? Does it need to have Modulation
built in like with a DMM?

It's nuts how much stuff is out there, and how even with specific types of pedals there are massive
differences in outcomes.

Sorry to get all meta. Sadly, there is no cure. :LOL:

Yeah, it's hard to imagine the thread being full of pedals we though were the best which we sold for no reason

back in time for dinner omg GIF by CBC

But aren't we all confined by the limitations of what we haven't tried/owned, too? :idk

Also, I've never been personally convinced, or convicted by the fact, that one person's fave
is something that anyone else would like or enjoy.

General is general, and we are each specific people with specific preferences and tastes.

For instance, Fuzz is so vast and wide-ranging that it is hard to recommend something without
knowing if someone likes a smooth and granular fuzz, or a choppy and grainy one, or something
in between. Gated? Not gated? Muff? Bender? FF? It's just such a vast expanse of totally different
vibes and varieties.
Fuzz also behaves soooooo differently depending on the guitar, the amp and the signal chain. I have fuzzes that sound great with a Deluxe Reverb and absolute shit with a Marshall.

Given what I have heard of your music and style of playing I would build a board of
the following:

Gotta have a Comp. Can't squeeze those juicy cleans without one. If I could have the
best of what I have owned in the past (and sold!) it would be a Cali 76 of some sort.
Hard to go wrong with the Compact Deluxe, or an Effectrode PC-2A.

Nothing goes better with a Marshall than an SD-1 on the Overdrive front, in my experience.

I'd maybe snag something a little less immediate and with a softer attack and maybe
some squish or sag to it to give a different flavor to pair with an amp versus doing the
goose the front end thing like an SD-1 excels at. The Greer stuff is stellar in that regard.
Also, a Lovepedal Super Six Ghost. Like a Super Reverb in a box. :chef I own a vintage
SR, too.

Fuzz is all you need, and there is a fuck lot of it. Brands I would wholly and fully recommend
without a single reservation would be Basic Audio (the Baskins Robbins of Fuzz!) with John's
epic sonic diversity. Just so many great pedals. You can get lost for a decade in Basic Audio Land.
He does it all, and then some. From the granularity of silica to massive stones. I dig the
Scarab Deluxe, Spooky Tooth, Square Wave, Kay, and damn near everything else John does.
He's a legend!

The other would be Analogman. Just get a Sunface. Everyone needs one. The best modern
FFs on the Planet in my experience. Also, huge fan of Deep Trip. The Hellbender is like a Tonebender
meets the Incredible Hulk. Granted, I don't know how well any of these pair with a JVM Clean
Channel, but I do know many of them killed with the Lo Input on a JCM800.

For Modulation I'd go with a Vibe of some sort and a Chorus. Hell, you can get both in one with
the Retro-Sonic Chorus Ensemble. That pedal is so lush and magical.

Delay. I love the DMM, but wouldn't put one in a loop of a Marshall. I'd snag the SDE-3000 or a
Boss Space Echo. The SDE offers multiple outputs for Stereo and the EVH one does the W/D/W
thing.... which could also be fun with the Axe-FX. Honourable mention for the Strymon Volante.
Maybe even a Meris LVX. :idk

Reverb. Nothing with springs! :LOL: I'd get a Meris variant for the interstellar travel opportunities
they offer. Polymoon or Mercury would kill in your hands. :beer

Maybe put a Looper on the board for shits and giggles. They can be fun and stacking tones/sounds
while using a Pedalboard with a ton of options is where a lot of good clean fun resides.

Last edited:
Fuzz also behaves soooooo differently depending on the guitar, the amp and the signal chain. I have fuzzes that sound great with a Deluxe Reverb and absolute shit with a Marshall.

Truth! I think this is why so many can have a really awful experience with Fuzz. Buffers and
other signal chain BS can really make them sound and feel more broken than they inherently are. :LOL:

Yeah "my favorites" I generally keep around ;) And I can't really speak to pedals I haven't had a chance to use (buy) yet.

Back