Atomic Tonocracy (Inc NAM support)

Am I the only one who thought about this when first reading the name?

IMG_1972.jpeg

Brand new technology all the way around.
Hi Tom ,
Nice to see Atomic back
Couple of questions that I don’t know if you can answer but here goes

Regarding the new amp models since ML sound lab provided IR
Was Mikko also involved on the amp model side as we know he does amp modelling

Second will we see new hardware that will run this program or is the vision all software going fwd

Thanks

it would be cool if the A/B compare samples were recorded during training, so when you do batches of training you can compare with prerecorded samples of the amp (as opposed to realtime). Otherwise the settings and recording chain has potential to change (as does wall voltages, tube life etc).

Also, it’s nice to have the IR’s for comparing and they sound quite good. But it would be even more handy if users could upload their own IR’s to that slot.

There also needs to be a LOT of work done as far as naming the files. Why not something that automatically names things in a logical way based on the information you are giving it? Or autocomplete stuff so you can maintain some consistency when capturing.

Also; as someone who cares about the input level stuff…. it’s great to see it supported properly - but I know for a fact even many experienced users won’t want to dig out a multimeter. It would be great if there is a calibration option where the users can use a known dBu input as a reference (even if it’s not the DI they are using).

For instance it could have the user enter the dBu headroom for their interface input, then they plug the reamp cable into that=reamp chain measured, then they can plug into their main input chain (if they aren’t using the built in one) and then that gets measured too.

Using a meter is ideal but unfortunately it’ll intimidate some, and others won’t want to buy one.

I tried the demo out and didn’t realize the presets aren’t the captures and by the time I found them I only got to use one and I guess the limit was reached? I can still play the modeled presets but can’t get captures to load. Is that the way it works?

Last edited:

Just checking this out, the user guide even has a guide on setting your input level.

https://storage.googleapis.com/tonocracy_public_release_archive/Tonocracy - Capture Guide.pdf

I wish the website gave more information on what it actually is, and what formats etc it supports. downloading none the less.

Wow! Somebody actually reading the forums and paying attention, multimeter, 500mV and all.
Huge kudos to them, it's a big step in the right direction.

The name though... 😬

I have a 4090, so don't need to train in the cloud. But cool nonetheless. I've not downloaded the plugin yet, but the UI on the face of it seems simple and easy to understand, which I think is a plus. Will post more when I try it out later tonight.

Back