Wiring Diagram - Help!

LordofP90s

Hey! Im new to the forum, and I'm working on a build, using 2 humbuckers and one p90, (GFS Dream 180s and Mean 90). Im hoping to have 3 way coil splits (Inner Coil/Humbucker/Outer Coil), and individual on/off switches for each pickup. also 3 tones, one volume. I'm new to wiring stuff, does this diagram look correct?

Thanks so much!
Screen Shot 2024-04-30 at 2.21.09 PM.png

Have you tried a guitar with three on/off switches for the pickups before? Huge PITA if you ask me. Just a warning if you haven't... :)

This is something you might have good luck with on the Guitar Nuts 2 forum in the Guitar Wiring subforum.

You'd want to set up the 3-way so that each humbucker would split to the green or red wire by itself for the South coil split, and I think the possibility of two or three tone knobs working at the same time on the volume knob would cause a really dull sound by lowering the combined impedance of the pots. I won't have time to rework this in the near future, but definitely try that forum if you don't find the answer here. Also, since you're using DIY Layout Creator, keep in mind it has a built in Analyze Guitar Diagrams feature under File, Analyze, so you can have it check some fundamental things about your diagrams as you go along. Best of luck!

Last edited:
No that is not going to work properly. Too much interaction. The reason you don’t see setups like this is even if it did it doesn’t bring much and is practically useless live. You have seven core sounds and two coil taps. What side is tapped is hardly audible. The useable version would be a five way switch with an add neck pickup and a coil tap . You could do this with three or two pots and either push pulls or toggles. The four individual volumes and a tone will just not work together well.

Back