What are we watching now?

The kid playing Elvis looks gross and Tom Hanks as Foghorn Leghorn sounds like an abomination committed to film.

Me when I see his face in the autoplay trailer netflix tries to force me to watch:

clockwork orange no GIF

I actually thought Elvis was cool for a good period of time. Weird thing about this movie is I already watched Kurt Russel be Elvis decades ago and that bar is high. The guy playing him this go round really irritates me for reasons I can't define? He looks like he would nail the druggie aspect as he just looks like a chubby junkie in his normal life. I also have come to realllllllly not like Tom Hanks.
Kurt Russell as Elvis, then or now, is better than anything that cash grab put on celluloid aside from images of the man himself.

Q&A (1990): Masterpiece. My favorite director just being The Best. Brutal. Incredible acting all over the damn place. I love young Timothy Hutton; he's just a natural, but this movie really shows how unbelievable Nick Nolte can be. Just bone chilling. But even more than those two: Armand Assante. Man, he is one of those actors you just can't take your eyes off of; the level of cool and badass just go through the roof when he comes on the screen. Reminds me of his performance in The Mambo Kings, just the level of intensity.

This Q&A is so good, even Luis Guzman is fantastic. And Charles S. Dutton, Oh my God, I just want to be around that guy all the time. I used to love his show Roc.

But this is the sign of a great director, when everyone is good in a movie. Oh, and Lee Richardson too. I feel like he spent months preparing for the tiny bit he was on screen.

Man, I get depressed seeing bad acting and directing, but then I see this film, and I remember why I love movies in the first place.

I have to add though: nepotism can go fuck itself. The director, my favorite damn director, made his daughter a main character, and her acting is terrible.

I'm missing Shogun, having really enjoyed it.

Curently going through DVD's of Hustle, a UK show from the early 2000's.

Watched Mandy last night. I'm always up for "crazy Nicolas Cage" but this is a bit of a flop.

It's got a psychedelic vibe to it, but all the villains are almost "oh hi villain, bye villain" type stuff where they aren't fleshed out much. You don't have time to get attached to any of the characters for them to have an emotional impact - whether it's rooting for the main characters or hating the villains.

It felt like it was over before it got even started and there are a bunch of excruciatingly slow scenes that didn't really serve any purpose. Really bad use of its runtime.

Watched Mandy last night. I'm always up for "crazy Nicolas Cage" but this is a bit of a flop.

It's got a psychedelic vibe to it, but all the villains are almost "oh hi villain, bye villain" type stuff where they aren't fleshed out much. You don't have time to get attached to any of the characters for them to have an emotional impact - whether it's rooting for the main characters or hating the villains.

It felt like it was over before it got even started and there are a bunch of excruciatingly slow scenes that didn't really serve any purpose. Really bad use of its runtime.
Mandy was awesome. It was basically one whacked out nightmare trip. You weren't supposed to be attached to these characters; only just pop-in on their freak out. Admittedly not a film for everyone :ROFLMAO:

Watched Monkey Man last night. Dev Patel stars and directs a tale of a little boy who grows up to exact revenge on the people that killed his mother. Definite John Wick goes to India meets Raid Redemption meets Karl Urban Dredd vibes. KILLER action and great settings and overall direction and vibe. Nothing mind-blowingly original but it doesn't need to be. Really dug it.

Started The Edge with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin last night. Directed by Lee Tamahouri (Once Were Warriors). I am surprised I have never seen it before? Some definite "items that wouldn't get touched in a movie now with a 10 foot pole" moments but overall really good so far. Have about 30 minutes to finish up this evening.

Started The Edge with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin last night. Directed by Lee Tamahouri (Once Were Warriors). I am surprised I have never seen it before? Some definite "items that wouldn't get touched in a movie now with a 10 foot pole" moments but overall really good so far. Have about 30 minutes to finish up this evening.

I'm thinking about seeing that again. I saw it opening day in the theater. I saw The Edge then The Game back to back! I remember being really excited for The Edge and not liking it at all, then loving The Game. I realize now though that a lot of films I dismissed earlier in my life were actually good haha. So when I tell my wife I remember not having liked a movie she tells me to queue it up!

I'm thinking about seeing that again. I saw it opening day in the theater. I saw The Edge then The Game back to back! I remember being really excited for The Edge and not liking it at all, then loving The Game. I realize now though that a lot of films I dismissed earlier in my life were actually good haha. So when I tell my wife I remember not having liked a movie she tells me to queue it up!
I've always liked The Game but never as much as I thought I should? I can't even quantify why I wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be. It is a good film overall; but just wanted something a little less slick. Maybe it was the presence of Michael Douglas that set that tone in my head.

The Edge is getting a watch pretty much solely on the fact that it's the director in question. And maybe a little bit of Hopkins. It's definitely a '90's film'.

I've always liked The Game but never as much as I thought I should? I can't even quantify why I wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be. It is a good film overall; but just wanted something a little less slick. Maybe it was the presence of Michael Douglas that set that tone in my head.

The Edge is getting a watch pretty much solely on the fact that it's the director in question. And maybe a little bit of Hopkins. It's definitely a '90's film'.

I'm with you on The Game. I like that's it really clever, I can't ever get over how hot Deborah Kara Unger is, I always love Sean Penn, but David Fincher is a bit cold as a director. Hell, when I tried to watch Gone Girl, it just felt antiseptic, and I shut it off after maybe 15 minutes.

I didn't realize who the guy is who made The Edge. I've seen Along Came a Spider, which was mediocre, with a level of imitation that was really disturbing by Monica Potter, who was just completely copying Julia Roberts in the way Christian Slater copied Jack Nicholson. And I've seen Die Another Day, which was just...ugh...I don't know...too stylish for its own good or something like that. To me those two movies don't have any heart or soul to them because of the director. I'm still mildly curious to try The Edge again, because I remember just bits and pieces.

I'm with you on The Game. I like that's it really clever, I can't ever get over how hot Deborah Kara Unger is, I always love Sean Penn, but David Fincher is a bit cold as a director. Hell, when I tried to watch Gone Girl, it just felt antiseptic, and I shut it off after maybe 15 minutes.

I didn't realize who the guy is who made The Edge. I've seen Along Came a Spider, which was mediocre, with a level of imitation that was really disturbing by Monica Potter, who was just completely copying Julia Roberts in the way Christian Slater copied Jack Nicholson. And I've seen Die Another Day, which was just...ugh...I don't know...too stylish for its own good or something like that. To me those two movies don't have any heart or soul to them because of the director. I'm still mildly curious to try The Edge again, because I remember just bits and pieces.
I pretty much give him a lifetime pass for "Once Were Warriors". I assume we'd talked about this one a time or 47 but maybe not? Give it a go when you get the urge for an excellent family drama. Not a happy watch but great flick either way. Too funny on the Monica Potter observation. I have always thought she was the poverty blond Julia Roberts without anything redeemable cribbed from the person she was copying :ROFLMAO:

We have interrupted our regular watching of the last season of Fear The Walking Dead to watch Fallout.

I pretty much give him a lifetime pass for "Once Were Warriors". I assume we'd talked about this one a time or 47 but maybe not? Give it a go when you get the urge for an excellent family drama. Not a happy watch but great flick either way. Too funny on the Monica Potter observation. I have always thought she was the poverty blond Julia Roberts without anything redeemable cribbed from the person she was copying :ROFLMAO:

Oh cool. Thanks for the recommendation; I haven't seen that one. I'll keep it in mind when I see it on our streaming channels.

Oh cool. Thanks for the recommendation; I haven't seen that one. I'll keep it in mind when I see it on our streaming channels.
Seriously; that flick is :chef I'd recommend watching it 100x over giving The Edge another shot. He also did Mulholland Falls and that is one I need to revisit. I don't remember liking it near as much as I should have back in the day.

Back