Tonex Knobs are moving all over the place!

Where are you supposed to go for basic questions about this thing not covered in the manual? There is a small facebook group, with like 500 members. There is the IK forum that vacillates between the clueless and the sycophants, and then there's here: people who probably know stuff but have been touched one too many times on the doll of gear ownership by IK and various vaporware/abandonware companies

You know the software sucks when the devices are that cheap and the captures are that good and you’re still like…

No Way Smile GIF by Get Out Movie

WTF, this video makes it seem like the Volume knob on the far right is global

So then what on the pedal corresponds to the Volume here? in tonex app?
TONEX_FZqGATboI9.png

Its not model volume, because this one is showing five rather than 8

Well hey there! NOT in the manual, but if all of a sudden it sounds like not only are the cabinets gone, but your mic was thrown in a blender, be damn sure to not have phantom power on at the input Tonex pedal is sending to

again, not in the manual

Is there any way to see the current parameter values on the tonex itself? As soon as you move a knob it moves the values there

Sorta - but not exactly. The light will change to yellow when it's been moved, so if you move it till it's green again that's the original (unedited). Unfortunately that will only work if you've only changed one parameter.

WTF, this video makes it seem like the Volume knob on the far right is global

It is global - it corresponds to the output level on tonex app (not the knob on the amp). The model volume accessed by pressing the leftmost knob is what's equivalent to the model volume in the plugin and is saved per preset

It is global - it corresponds to the output level on tonex app (not the knob on the amp). The model volume accessed by pressing the leftmost knob is what's equivalent to the model volume in the plugin and is saved per preset
On the pedal, the one for the preset in the picture is showing 5 on Model.Vol, not the 8 shown in the picture. The presets that are at 5 in the app are also at 5 for Model.Vol on the pedal

On the pedal, the one for the preset in the picture is showing 5 on Model.Vol, not the 8 shown in the picture. The presets that are at 5 in the app are also at 5 for Model.Vol on the pedal

Sorry, not following - maybe the one showing 5 instead of 8 just got resaved wrong or something, or I'm not understanding what you're saying here. I think the numerical scaling is the same on the pedal and the plugin and if you save a preset and move it to the pedal the numbers should be the same.

There has been NOTHING in the history of gear that more personifies "The juice isn't worth the squeeze" as much as everything in the Tone-X lineup. Just a colossal array of turds in both software and hardware format. If you are that hard up for good amp sounds (that you can get in every budgetary bracket now since years ago) that you deem your time devoid of value enough to waste futzing with that garbage; you really need to re-evaluate your self-worth. Seriously. Dumb beyond words.

So you're saying there's still a chance you will buy a ToneX Pedal (?) ;)

Ben

Sorry, not following - maybe the one showing 5 instead of 8 just got resaved wrong or something, or I'm not understanding what you're saying here. I think the numerical scaling is the same on the pedal and the plugin and if you save a preset and move it to the pedal the numbers should be the same.
I'll check it again, but IF Model.Vol is the same as the volume control of the amp itself in the app on a preset, it should be higher than all the other models which were set to 12 o clock

Back