Tonex Knobs are moving all over the place!

pipelineaudio

Shredder
I thought my helix was possessed but DAMN!!!!

I'm playing with the Tonex plugin. I did some captures and when i was done, all the knobs were at the halfway point with the gate and comp off.

I go to presets, now all my knobs are all over the place

Go back to Tone Models and my captures and my knobs are all over, comp is on noise gate is on, what the hell?

I thought my helix was possessed but DAMN!!!!

I'm playing with the Tonex plugin. I did some captures and when i was done, all the knobs were at the halfway point with the gate and comp off.

I go to presets, now all my knobs are all over the place

Go back to Tone Models and my captures and my knobs are all over, comp is on noise gate is on, what the hell?
Hate to say it but I'm not surprised. Definitely try turning everything off for a minute and back up, one at a time. Prolly just a stray electron out-of-order.

Barf, its the only capture device i see right now with MIDI and other features I want, like almost small enough to fit on my pedalboard

Barf, its the only capture device i see right now with MIDI and other features I want, like almost small enough to fit on my pedalboard
You can definitely get it to do what you want, but have to expect some "oddities". Did you have any luck getting the "knobs reset". (I feel kinda bad for even implying your knobs needed that!) :grin

I set everything back to default. So weird. I have a serious misunderstanding of the whole software so far so who knows.

Is there a way to store settings on the tone model before you share it? I mean like knob settings or adding an impulse? Or is that stuff you should do on a preset instead?

I honestly don't remember if it takes the initial profiled settings or your current settings when you share. I guess you could experiment, share one - remove it locally and download and see if it changed. Asinine, I know!

Is there any way to see the current parameter values on the tonex itself? As soon as you move a knob it moves the values there

There has been NOTHING in the history of gear that more personifies "The juice isn't worth the squeeze" as much as everything in the Tone-X lineup. Just a colossal array of turds in both software and hardware format. If you are that hard up for good amp sounds (that you can get in every budgetary bracket now since years ago) that you deem your time devoid of value enough to waste futzing with that garbage; you really need to re-evaluate your self-worth. Seriously. Dumb beyond words.

Last edited:

There has been NOTHING in the history of gear that more personifies "The juice isn't worth the squeeze" as much as everything in the Tone-X lineup. Just a colossal array of turds in both software and hardware format. If you are that hard up for good amp sounds (that you can get in every budgetary bracket now since years ago) that you deem your time invaluable enough to waste futzing with that garbage; you really need to re-evaluate your self-worth. Seriously. Dumb beyond words.
Ya know what? With every day that goes by, I agree with your take on things more and more.

Last edited:
There has been NOTHING in the history of gear that more personifies "The juice isn't worth the squeeze" as much as everything in the Tone-X lineup. Just a colossal array of turds in both software and hardware format. If you are that hard up for good amp sounds (that you can get in every budgetary bracket now since years ago) that you deem your time invaluable enough to waste futzing with that garbage; you really need to re-evaluate your self-worth. Seriously. Dumb beyond words.
Damn It Wesley Snipes GIF by IMDb

Do you dislike the QC or Tone X more?

PSA: “invaluable” actually means immeasurably valuable, kind of like “priceless”.

English is weird.

Back