Thinking about selling the Stealth

because I think a Mesa 2:90 would solve all my “problems
PXL_20230426_223127388~2.jpg

💯

My EVH head has been plugged into both the EVH 2x12 and my Mesa C90 2x12 for the last couple of weeks. I haven’t gotten to crank them, C90’s have a LOT more mids and I think would hold up much better cranked, but the EVH is more pleasing at living room volume.
I'm mainly wondering how the ported cabinets fare and if they add too much bass. I can dial it back obviously. Neither speaker in either cab is considered a classic so it's a crap shoot as far as what sort of compatability these speakers would have with other amps.

At this point I'm obviously overthinking it :ROFLMAO:

I'm mainly wondering how the ported cabinets fare and if they add too much bass. I can dial it back obviously. Neither speaker in either cab is considered a classic so it's a crap shoot as far as what sort of compatability these speakers would have with other amps.

At this point I'm obviously overthinking it :ROFLMAO:

It’s a worthy consideration. My C90 cab doesn’t have the back on it and when cranked up, whatever wall it’s in front of basically becomes a giant subwoofer. :rofl The first time I plugged that cab in and turned it up to compete with a drummer I laughed so hard I couldn’t stop long enough to turn it down because it was in the corner of a bedroom and everything went “OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMM” the second I turned the volume knob up.

That thing needs to be like 6’ away from a wall or else it’s reflecting a TON of bass.

You're gonna have to send me a pricelist :ROFLMAO:
Or consider this based on you other post?

Sage advice as always. At this moment in time; most of my fun playing is cranking the III through studio monitors.

I think a good move is grabbing some closed back 112s with traditional speakers in them. Mainly because I can run whatever amp through them without the open back and IR mental gymnastics the F12 loaded cabs I have currently bring to the table :unsure:

I use a couple of closed back 1 x 12s here for my tube amp setup. If you can swing it. :beer

In all the time I’ve had these amps, I haven’t plugged the FM9 into the Return of one just to use the power section until about an hour ago.

Jimmy Fallon Game Changer GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

:beer

I'll never buy a dedicated Tube Power Amp for that reason. It just works too
damn good into the FX RTN of any old Tube Amp. :chef

In fact, the Mesa 50/50 I own and tried with the Fractal didn't sound or perform
nearly as well. :idk

I use a couple of closed back 1 x 12s here for my tube amp setup. If you can swing it. :beer
My semi-open back cabs are very room dependent. Sometimes great; sometimes annoying af :mad: The only twitch on grabbing a pair of closed back 112s (modular quarter stack for the win visually speaking) is that I don't want to cheap out and my desire to buy something that matches whatever head I want to use with it is a must. I am a lot more like the VII with the Stealth vs. the Badlander where I was down pretty much from the jump consistently.

Ugh…..I’m contemplating buying a 2:90, that makes me nervous!
I consistently like the FAS through studio monitors and my FR12 MUCH MORE than plugging it into a rando tube amp fx return. My FAS need to opitimize deep tweaks because tube power amp kicks in something fierce.

In all the time I’ve had these amps, I haven’t plugged the FM9 into the Return of one just to use the power section until about an hour ago. I’m kinda re-thinking the amp thing now because I think a Mesa 2:90 would solve all my “problems”. Every amp sounds so fucking great that I’m having a really hard time justifying the idea of buying a JPIIC+ when there’s already Fractal models of it that sound absolutely ridiculous into a tube power section.

The Bassman and Toucana Clean…..JFC, the depth in the low end, not bass, but tone, is just insane. The 2203…..man, I’ve just been dicking around with my Strat, I don’t even wanna start listening off the innuendo comparisons I can be making to how stoked I am right now.

It's an endless circle. I've spent the last two years running my Axe FX III through a tube power amp, and it's amazing - but at the same time, now that I have a plexi again, all I'm playing is the plexi. Both things are good, but it's a different experience.

It's an endless circle. I've spent the last two years running my Axe FX III through a tube power amp, and it's amazing - but at the same time, now that I have a plexi again, all I'm playing is the plexi. Both things are good, but it's a different experience.

I’m probably just going to go back to my original idea of getting a JPIIC+. More is more and all that, but if I’m going to own a couple nice amps, I might as well own the one I actually really want.

I’m probably just going to go back to my original idea of getting a JPIIC+. More is more and all that, but if I’m going to own a couple nice amps, I might as well own the one I actually really want.
The thing with having FAS gear AND Boogie GAS is they do it so damn good. I am waiting for that Mesa price drop so I can grab a Recto but the models in the III/FM are just DUMB :satan

The thing with having FAS gear AND Boogie GAS is they do it so damn good. I am waiting for that Mesa price drop so I can grab a Recto but the models in the III/FM are just DUMB :satan

I suppose that’s the other thing pushing me towards the amp; I’ll still be using FAS Mesa’s plenty in the studio and this is entirely geared towards a live rig. And the IIC+ is my favorite amp tone, though I’ve never played through a real one, I know I’d absolutely be pissed on my deathbed if I did not own a JPIIC+ by the time I’m on it. :rofl

I suppose that’s the other thing pushing me towards the amp; I’ll still be using FAS Mesa’s plenty in the studio and this is entirely geared towards a live rig. And the IIC+ is my favorite amp tone, though I’ve never played through a real one, I know I’d absolutely be pissed on my deathbed if I did not own a JPIIC+ by the time I’m on it. :rofl
You can do it!:chef

I struggled with my 50/50 until I had it modded by Mesa to revoice it for better compatibility with the Triaxis.

A year later after saving enough $$ I ditched it for the 2:90 and never looked back. So much better than the 50/50.

Back