The neatest my board has probably ever looked

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
1714322083465.png

Seriously; these Nux boards are KILLER. Thinking about a second one for analog pedals :sofa :whistle :love

XLR adapter out for FOH; 1/4 humbuster for the FR12. I can juuuuuuust about get a usb extender in there for editor connection while we are at it.

I grabbed it off Amazon a while back. They have 3 sizes. This is the largest. Plenty of room but still pretty darn compact. The top tier thing is something I always need but struggle with with other vendors. I am not buying some hinged Vertex turd and the Temple Audio adjacent hinged tops are too expensive on top of the slanted TA board that already seems like it's 6" off the ground without adding a second level. So I end up on some messy Pedaltrain with dumbass placement because switch access is a thing :cuss

Is that a 2 tier board?
It is. Bumbleebee color scheme is a bonus :chef
That is a fairly tidy JT board! Have you ever considered getting a board that has the same, or dare I say MORE real estate than the pedals you're trying to cram on top of it? :LOL:
:ROFLMAO:

Thing is, Itchy; I have a bunch of different fairly big (PT Classic 24, Temple 24 and Terra 42) boards. That second tier is what always screws me over. The "extra room" gets eaten up because I have to place shit all idiotic to make switching accessible. Or just do a single line of pedals at 48" wide :oops::hmm

This is probably the first 2nd tier thing I have done up where I felt pretty good about the results.

You know I'm just giving you a hard time!
I think you need to really explore the single line of pedals idea. Make 3 x 18" boards and set them up in a horseshoe shape. You could put 2 fans in between them for maximum gold hair flow-age :idea

You know I'm just giving you a hard time!
I think you need to really explore the single line of pedals idea. Make 3 x 18" boards and set them up in a horseshoe shape. You could put 2 fans in between them for maximum gold hair flow-age :idea
Oh I know :beer I've tried the mini-horseshoe thing but I have too many damn interconnecting cables between the boards to make that work :cry::brick:rofl

Multiple power points I guess?
I have a Y IEC adapter that feeds the FM and TruTone CS6 (which powers the Boss and Polytune). I was running the GM off pedal power but I have heard of stuck notes being a side effect of not using the OG supply. Which could be true or not. So single IEC and GM power cord to nearest strip.

I have a Y IEC adapter that feeds the FM and TruTone CS6 (which powers the Boss and Polytune). I was running the GM off pedal power but I have heard of stuck notes being a side effect of not using the OG supply. Which could be true or not. So single IEC and GM power cord to nearest strip.
Cool. GK-5 or GK-3? Is there a converter box hiding in there?

Those NUX boards are great, big Meccano vibe!
I recently built my board on one and there's a lot to like, but I think they have a few issues:

1. The angled yellow side piece from the bottom row to the top feels totally unnecessary and adds a bit of inconvenience as you cannot put a pedal to the very edge of the bottom row like you can on the top row.
  2. The top row could be just a couple of millimeters higher because it would make stacking devices underneath that row possible.
  3. The L size is a bit weird because it doesn't really allow for more pedals than the M size. It just makes it possible to push the bottom row a bit further back to maybe add a compact loop switcher up front, or to add a larger pedal like the FM3. There's not enough space to make 3 rows of pedals on it because it's not deep enough. Even on JT's board the Boss SY is hanging off the edge so he has access to the FM3 volume knobs.
I'm tempted to just manufacture my own side rails out of wood for mine to get around #1 and #2. Otherwise it's a really nice, affordable tiered board.

I'm tempted to just manufacture my own side rails out of wood for mine to get around #1 and #2. Otherwise it's a really nice, affordable tiered board.
That seems like a lot of work, weight, and likely loss of rigidity compared to just...taking a 90 seconds hacksaw or Dremel to make a couple cuts on the existing L pieces.

That seems like a lot of work, weight, and likely loss of rigidity compared to just...taking a 90 seconds hacksaw or Dremel to make a couple cuts on the existing L pieces.
That's not really going to work for making the top tier sit a bit higher, that's the more important issue for me. Weight is unlikely to change much, and rigidity is not much of a concern for me since mine is a desk/top of cab board.

Back