Strymon BigSky MX

Someone posted this over on the gear page. Perfect matching toppers for the bigsky mx.

BUY HERE - TOPPERS

DSC00599.jpg

Some old gear still sounds better than the newer stuff. Certain old rack units have a tone that is still definitive. Old PCM units still sit better in the sound than any Strymon pedal. The Eventide H rack harmonisers are way better sounding than the H9/90. The TC2290 rack pisses the pedal. The old tri stereo chorus. There is a list of stuff that often for reasons other than spec sounds right.

Hang the fuck on. It doesn't have two stereo inputs? So I can't make bleeps from two synths sound majestic separately? GAS averted.

Can you at least process two seprate mono signals?

I'd see more utility for the BSMX if it had two discrete stereo ins.
While nice, I think that would be overkill for what is after all mostly aimed at guitarists. For synth players it would probably work if you just run two synths into a mixer of some sort and output that into the BigSky MX.

I was messing with the dual reverbs in paralllel on my SA Collider yesterday and could get some pretty cool tones that way by combining e.g hall reverb with something more distinct like a spring or shimmer. I hadn't bothered exploring this feature on it before. Dual delays was more tricky to get working in a way that made sense.

While nice, I think that would be overkill for what is after all mostly aimed at guitarists. For synth players it would probably work if you just run two synths into a mixer of some sort and output that into the BigSky MX.

I was messing with the dual reverbs in paralllel on my SA Collider yesterday and could get some pretty cool tones that way by combining e.g hall reverb with something more distinct like a spring or shimmer. I hadn't bothered exploring this feature on it before. Dual delays was more tricky to get working in a way that made sense.
It's very useful on the H90 for processing a few different instruments, although it sounds like plastic with a digital sheen. Not that important for just guitar, I'll admit.

Back