Strymon BigSky MX

$679? Not saying it isn't worth it but too rich for my blood. There's nothing I do which requires that high end of a reverb pedal.

I have ventris by source audio, mercury x by meris, 3 eventide h90's, helix and other things for reverbs, yet I'm still gonna get this sometime lol. I have thousands of reverb IR's I could use and play with and it also does 2 reverbs at a time like ventris and more!

IR’s sound like guff compared to good reverb algorithms. Good that they updated the plate/spring/chamber etc, I always thought the more effecty stuff was miles better than the “standard” type reverbs in the original

Two reverbs simultaneously?
Isn't that like putting a swimming pool in the middle of a lake?

I think the price is nice for all that it does.

NEW BIGSKY.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmm... interesting. So I got the MercuryX a few months back, fell in love with it, and have been contemplating selling my BigSky since!! I love the BigSky, but the MercuryX just hits the spot.

I wonder what they've added to the algo's in terms of additional parameters on the BS MX.... curiosity piqued, for sure.

I think the price is nice for all that it does.

View attachment 22311
That's a very complicated way to say "it can do two reverbs at once, IRs and all the engines are updated".

You are probably looking at this from a different point of view than I am, but if there's anything I've learned owning the Nightsky for so many years, is that I don't need this much out of my reverb.

My current board uses the Strymon Flint V2 because that's enough. For more complex, I have the SA Collider and that's also more than I need. I never bought the SA Ventris because I couldn't figure out what I would do with multiple reverbs at once.

That said, I'd still rather buy this over the big Meris boxes, or the Chase Bliss CXM if we are talking about super expensive reverbs.

Last edited:
Welp my local dealer will be getting them... Looks like I will be getting one sometime then lol. No such thing as too many reverbs right? :]
I can't remember, did you have any Fractal units? I have long considered the current gen Fractal to be the king of the hill for delay and reverb sounds, but it'd be interesting to hear if the new Strymon takes back its mantle.

I can't remember, did you have any Fractal units? I have long considered the current gen Fractal to be the king of the hill for delay and reverb sounds, but it'd be interesting to hear if the new Strymon takes back its mantle.

I haven't had a fractal yet. I've had many chances but never did it.

Fractal, Strymon, and Meris... those are all currently the kings I'd say.

Back