If I heard you play which 3 players would I be reminded of?

"I'm starting a youtube channel of me playing drum covers on my pillows"
:oops::ROFLMAO:

He built his own triggers before, so I figured he was going to do something like that, putting triggers inside the pillows. Nope. Just him beating pillows with drumsticks on his bed. But he said he’s getting pretty good at it.

Awkward Season 1 GIF by Nanalan'

He built his own triggers before, so I figured he was going to do something like that, putting triggers inside the pillows. Nope. Just him beating pillows with drumsticks on his bed. But he said he’s getting pretty good at it.

Awkward Season 1 GIF by Nanalan''
You have a link for that ?

:unsure:

Hahahahhahha well there's one thing I can say I have in common with EVH. :rofl

I stopped sending my dad my music after one of the more 'involved' tunes I wrote last year, that Ryche sounding one that I knowtheresnowayhewouldntfuckingdigthefuckingsongifheactuallyfuckinglistenedtofhefuckingthingforeventwofuckingminutes and he replied "I'm starting a youtube channel of me playing drum covers on my pillows"

Like when I showed him the cooling tower pics from last weekend, "Oh the county did bigger jobs than that when I was there"........he was the network/computer guy. :banana

Anytime I happen to play guitar around my dad he insists I play the main riff from "Stranglehold".

Every single time

Good one! Got to see his band open for Aerosmith in the late 70s.
They blew a very wasted Steven Tyler and band off the stage!
I bet it was quite a show!! I love the way he plays simple stuff....so simple it's difficult, especially with his timing.

Edit: "Simple stuff" LOL

Good question. Honestly, I don't know. Probly don't sound like anyone that's well known. Never really tried to pattern myself after other guitarists. Just wanted to be a guitar player, but not specifically like other well known guitar players. When I was learning and first started to cop licks, I couldn't really copy other guitarists well at all, so I just played along with anything and everything that got my interest for that day or that week. Friends and acquaintances have showed me several things along the way, but none of those guys are well known or anything. Definitely some rock and blues in the mix, also rockabilly, funk, R&B and Americana. Probly just a stew or gumbo of a lot of different music I've heard over the last few decades.

Last edited:
Back